Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you please help me understand what is involved in a major service I am paying £310.00 for our kia venga 40000 service but no where on Kia’s website does it tell me what they are doing so if someone could provide a link or just let me know what I am paying for it is going in soon for it’s first service since we have owned it. Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,889 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

If you look in your handbook it's in the maintenance section. Something like this. (from my Niro)

Font Material property Wood Parallel Paper

·
Registered
222 Posts
4th service or 40000 miles is usually more as they have to change out the fuel filter which can be a hefty job apparently (part of pump assy in tank)

·
Super Moderator
5,889 Posts
Perhaps not that particular page though! (except Europe) :rolleyes:😄
Was in middle of eating my breekie 🤷‍♂️ 🥓 Thats dedication for you 😂

• Love
Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
461 Posts
(edited to ensure correct information based on post 9 - Thanks iooi)
A gen 1 has 12500 miles or yearly, a Gen 2 has 10000 miles or yearly whichever occurs first.
The "major " service is every even year ie: 2 / 4 / 6 etc
This "should" include oil / oil filter / spark plugs / air filter / fuel filter (which isn't as hard as it sounds) and brake fluid. The rest of it is essentially kick the tyres, grease a few things and do a body corrosion inspection
The pollen (cabin) filter is now "inspect and replace if necessary" which more often than not means it gets missed (even though it literally is a 5 minute job ie: open glove box, undo two screws, unclip the cabin filter retainer, remove cabin filter)
I say "should" as there numerous threads around poor dealer servicing, so worth checking if you are able that parts have been replaced. Another common one is brake fluid just replaced in the master cylinder. If it's done correctly there should be evidence of brake fluid leakage at the wheel caliper where it is has been bled through the system. If the cylinders are dry and still dusty around the bleed nipple then for sure they haven't been bled through (no matter what they might fob you off with about we "cleaned" them afterwards). If it's done correctly you will always see evidence of fluid having been wiped around the bleed nipple.

Maintenance schedule is section 7 in the handbook but remember you need the Europe timings which are different to the Asia timings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you yes it’s the 4th year service I noticed that the 3 year was only £70 so it was a bit of an increase. I will check them out that they have done what they are supposed to do so thank you for your information

·
Super Moderator
5,889 Posts
There isn't a 40,000 mile service on a Venga, it's yearly or 12500 miles whichever occurs first.
The "major " service is every even year ie: 2 / 4 / 6 etc

Hate to correct a Venga Boy 🤦‍♂️ 😂 As I know how dedicated you are (y)

But depending on fuel & age it can be 10,000, 12,500 or 20,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes 1st.
OP has not said exactly which Venga they have or age.

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
461 Posts
Fair point iooi :) (post 6 edited to ensure accuracy for future readers)
For some reason I assumed a gen 1, but you are correct, it hasn't been specified and a gen 2 dropped to 10,000 a year which would give 40,000 or 4 years.

Gtp555 - whichever one you have, the schedule is section 7 and watch out for that Europe / Non Europe gotcha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 2017 venga crdi 4 isg on a 67 plate service is now Thursday with MOT aircon refresh and gold clean etc. Ps why is there nowhere for adblue? Hope this helps I take it it’s a gen 2

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep, 2017 is gen 2.
Mine's petrol so not sure on adblue but I'm guessing its an emissions thing which in turn probably relates to the year the engines are "type approved". Venga engines aren't particularly "modern" so the engine probably predates adblue being necessary?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yep, 2017 is gen 2.
Mine's petrol so not sure on adblue but I'm guessing its an emissions thing which in turn probably relates to the year the engines are "type approved". Venga engines aren't particularly "modern" so the engine probably predates adblue being necessary?
AdBlue is only for diesel engines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now service NOT being done even though I had conformation from kia and the kia garage I chose have said that they cannot do the day I chose as it’s to soon so now on 28th September just one day before the Mot runs out, so I hope that it passes.
I went through the kia app which has book service on it but the garage says that the app doesn’t sync with them so what is the point of the app?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts