Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I've done a search but I can't seem to find anything.

I've recently moved in with the misses who has a 2007 Kia Rio Ice. It's due a service, but as she didnt realise that the service book needs stamping when it gets done, there is no record of it having had one. So I figure the warrenty is out of the window anyway, I might as well save her some money and service it myself. I've had a browse around google and halfords and can't find a service manual. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not too sure about the manual, however you could contact Kia uk and provide the cars registration.
I suspect they may have details on the car and possibly when the car was previously serviced.

They will also be able to advise if the car is still in warranty.

This is going out on a limb though and they may not know.

·
Registered
662 Posts
KIA themselves will not have any service history as this is saved at a dealer level they will have access to any work done under the warranty if the car has been service at a garage go back there and ask them to stamp the book
a 2007 Rio will be out of warranty anyway as they only had 3 years cover.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't think Kia UK let any of this out to the likes of us, but I got mine on eBay from a supplier in France (yes, it was in English!). I haven't found the service schedule in it yet, but guess it must be in there somewhere. The dealer's check list which came back with my wife's 05 Rio was fairly standard stuff.

Try eBay item 270734496865

The downside of DIY servicing is that you miss out on any technical bulletins and upgrades which would be done during routine dealer servicing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. The Kia dealer it was serviced at has since closed down so that's that game over. It looks like the repair manuals aren't that easy to come by so I'll have to keep my eyes open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts