Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I am looking for some assitance.

We have a 2018 1.7 diesel optima.

We have the car serviced yearly as it covers 14k per annum (although I do change the oil 6 monthy myself)

Previously the car was set up for 12 months or 20k intervals on the cars service reminder.

However it is just back from the dealer and they have changed that to 12 months or 10k.

Previously I could manually change the mileage but the option on the user settings menu has now disappeared.

I am now thinking dealer has lowered the mileage from 20k to 10k and somehow disabled the manual.option to set the mileage intervals. This means the reminder will ping up earlier than it should and will result in more frequent servicing than is actually required, if you are a slave to the reminder.

Does anyone know how to reinstate the option in the user menu.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
We have the car serviced yearly as it covers 14k per annum (although I do change the oil 6 monthy myself)
You need to have a conversation with your KIA dealership, presuming that you have it serviced within the KIA network.

You may wish to refer the dealer to the owner's manual that accompanied the car from the factory which, unless it has been changed since mine was built, shows 12 months or 20,000 miles for this region.

The menu item in the instrument binnacle is irrelevant as the owner's manual that KIA supplied with the car would be the salient point for the legal eagles if you were to take the matter to law. KIA had the manual created precisely so that owners could understand exactly when to have the vehicle serviced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know the intervals the salient point is ybe disappearance of the option to change the trigger points of the reminder. My suspicion is that this driven by a main dealer, (who already charge 285 for what is in effect an oil change) who are trying to induce less worldy wise customers into paying for a service more often than may be required.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I had a new Citroen C4, back in 2007, with 24 months/24k miles services in the handbook. At third service, I was told the service intervals had been changed by Citroen, to annual/12k miles, and a sheet detailing this had been stuck over the service interval page of the handbook. Never did find out why!

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts

2012 2020 Diesel 20,000 / 12

I would Contact Kia Customer Service & get their view.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts