Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 ceed 1.6 crdi isg . the book tells me that the service interval is 1 year or 20k . everytime i have it serviced they put a sticker in with 1 year or 10k.when i queried this i was told that there are 2 tiers to servicing a high mileage and a low mileage to which i call BS !
my question is where can i find the definitive answer , considering that this is a main dealer telling me this ?

·
Registered
141 Posts

I believe the lower limit is a restriction if you have a pre-paid Kia Care service plan. If you complete the questionnaire here for a vehicle up to 11 months old, when still eligible to add the plan, there is an 11,000 annual mileage choice. I believe in practice it is 10,000 miles plus 1,000 grace miles, so 11,000 in total.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think they do this for fleet that so alot of miles so if it was just 12 months they will have done loads of miles. So it's what ever comes 1st. For the normal driver 12 and 10k is fine but it is for a high and low mileage service this is correct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason i am confused is this ....
Kia service information from our Brayley Kia servicing team
We’re often asked: How often should I service my Kia? For current petrol Kia, electric Kia or hybrid Kia models, you should have your Kia service carried out every 10,000 miles or 12 months. For Kia diesel servicing, it’s every 20,000 miles or 12 months.

and yet my main dealer Mantles told me 10k

·
Registered
35 Posts
Because it is what ever comes 1st so if you done 14k but 12months old it's the same if someone has done say 20k in 2 months. It's just the way they do the servicing. As long as you dont exceed 20k and get it done evry 12months your all good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have had a reply from kia confirming that my cars service interval is 12 months or 20000 miles whichever is soonest . now all i have to do is convince my dealer or change dealers !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts