Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2015 KX-4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently bought my 2015 Kx-4 and absolutely love it. My mistake was i took the car with the word of the selling garage saying it had service history. Id owned it for two weeks when i thought id have a look at the history, yep you guessed it , no book. I contacted the dealer who assured me the book was in my wallet which it wasnt/isnt!. They are trying to find it but I dont hold out much hope.
The car is immaculate bodily and mechanically and has obviously been serviced but its how I access this? do Kia have a central database?. I would contact previous owners but no way of knowing who they were. The 7 year warranty isnt really an issue as its almost out and I will use my own independent for future servicing its just for future resale,
Sorry for the long post and appreciate its my fault for not checking all paper work

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
They are trying to find it but I dont hold out much hope.
Welcome to the forum, 'BigPete'.

You will need to be very lucky for that service record to suddenly turn up but as it is approaching the end of the 7-year warranty period and the car seems healthy, perhaps you will never need to make a claim under warranty.

Always remember the rules:

1) Never believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a car salesman.

2) Never forget rule (1).

Reactions: BigPete

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it has been serviced with Kia garages I believe they have a central database that they can pull the service history from. If it has been serviced elsewhere, you will be out of luck if you don't end up with a copy of the service book.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I believe they have a central database that they can pull the service history from.
That would be so great, were it so. Unfortunately, while I stand to be corrected, I have been given to understand that there is no KIA central servicing database.

Curiously, my local KIA dealer was able to identify the fact that my car was covered by a Care3+ service plan when I first took the car there for a service, even though they did not supply the car from new. Possibly there is a central database of Care plan holders, distinct from actual service recording?

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Gents, I think you need to define a central database. In my eyes it is one where the dealer network has access and can update the Kia database. However I don't think this is the case, certainly not across the whole model range. I think the dealers can feed service details back to Kia, but I suspect it is all a bit ad hoc. It is probably why the My Kia app is way out of date with service dates. Care plans do seem to be recorded.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That would be so great, were it so. Unfortunately, while I stand to be corrected, I have been given to understand that there is no KIA central servicing database.

Curiously, my local KIA dealer was able to identify the fact that my car was covered by a Care3+ service plan when I first took the car there for a service, even though they did not supply the car from new. Possibly there is a central database of Care plan holders, distinct from actual service recording?
This was what made me think that there may be a central database because I had something similar with my Ceed previously. Bought from somewhere else but a completely different dealership and franchise and they had the information about it.

With my Stinger it has been solely at the same dealership for everything from day 1 including being their ex demo car.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My mistake was i took the car with the word of the selling garage saying it had service history.
If you have proof of the dealer saying it had a full service history (written on invoice, written in advert) and there is no such history then the car was miss sold and you are entitles to a full refund under the Consumer Act 2015.

If you suggest to the dealer you are considering rejecting it under this legislation (you only have 30 days to get a full refund) it may spur him on to give you some cash back in lieu or even find out form the p[previous owner/s who did the services which would enable him to get the records for you.

Further proof (if we needed it) that all salesmen are liars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts