Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Niro was serviced by the Kia Dealer when I bought it a month ago and I can see that date correctly in the Vehicle Details section in the MyKia website. However the timeline on the MyKia homepage has what must be the original next service date and I am getting service reminders based on that. Does anyone know how I can contact Kia and get the website date changed? There are no contact details in MyKia that I can see. The dealer has obviously provide the latest service date.

Super Moderator
Might take a while to update.

Daughter has had a couple of these emails. I responded to dealer advising that they had serviced car on the date it was done.

Checking online
So whether they had not updated the system I do not know. Mine is showing this years date service is required on "My Car" page, But 2home" page is showing next estimated date for next year.

Just tried MyKia app and it says update required. But when clicking it just cycles round..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got commendably speedy response from Kia. Sadly it amounted to "That's just the way it is" So I guess I should just get used to getting service reminders at completely the wrong time?

Registered
2020 e-Niro 4+
Might take a while to update.

Daughter has had a couple of these emails. I responded to dealer advising that they had serviced car on the date it was done.

Checking online
So whether they had not updated the system I do not know. Mine is showing this years date service is required on "My Car" page, But 2home" page is showing next estimated date for next year.

Just tried MyKia app and it says update required. But when clicking it just cycles round..
To update the app you need to clear the memory and cache in the app, then tap the update button. Every time Kia updates the app you'll need to do this. Also usually applies to the Uvo/connect app.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke the the dealer and it seems the reminder is from their system and doesn't use the data from My Kia at all. They told me the only real source of service date truth is the paper service book. I'm glad I made sure that was updated. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Super Moderator
Spoke the the dealer and it seems the reminder is from their system and doesn't use the data from My Kia at all. They told me the only real source of service date truth is the paper service book. I'm glad I made sure that was updated. Welcome to the 21st Century.
So dealer error then... Crazy given they must know they have serviced the car. Just the same as my daughters...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.