Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Tempest in for its first service.....£165.00 (Basically for an Oil and filter change and a look over)....I realise it keeps the warranty valid. But in USA they sometimes get free oil change tokens from their Dealers and some Dealers offer the Oil change for $30.00 (£20.00).

Anybody else had any of these tokens or benefits in this country?.....Just feel like we are been taken for a ride a bit. I realise that Dealers have to make money, but how many bites of the cherry do they need?.

I know some people go to none dealer places and have the proper Kia filters used etc and this holds the warranty good hopefully. Anybody had a good or bad experiencece of this route?.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

Just had a quote from Viking Garages, Southampton, first service £149 and next three years service at same price if I sign up to their payment plan now. That's £15 per month. I don't have any connection with them except to say, I have bought two Kia's from them and will go back again - a dealer as it should be.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i was offered something similar when i bought my tempest - but declined it as i didnt know if dealers were any good and didnt fancy being tied to them. Have since found out that they are decent.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took my dealer up on that offer, at least I dont have to find a lump sum every year, and the price is fixed for 7 years at todays costs, shame VAT goes up in January, ha ha.

Tony

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi ,just about to book in my Tempest for 12k service at the local Kia dealership which just to confuse is a Perry's Vauxhall garage who do all the servicing for Perry's Kia. Price £150 but up to 27th Nov there is a voucher on their website that gives me 20% discpunt so its £120.Still a lot of money for what they do. By the way what sort of oil usagehave you been getting on the diesel ,how often do you have to top it up.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not used any oil or had to top it up since new (and i check regular). Having said that, my wife noticed something on the driveway after the service - so whether the service has caused a leak i dont know yet....... it may have been aircon moisture drainage.

I actually feel as tho the diesel is starting to run in a bit now......it zipped up to 80mph easily last night.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have used about 1/2 litre in 12k which sounds ok , I do tend to run it hard,that is when I can get to drive it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did notice after the service that the oil level is slightly higher than the top mark on the dip stick. Anyway the Tempest is now parked up for a couple of days to see if anything important is leaking out of it. Will check again at the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts