Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new Kia Ceed 1 16 plate 1.6 Diesel owner , it does have 83k and only 3 service stamps. So question is how often need to do services and when need to change a timing chain?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
So question is how often need to do services and when need to change a timing chain?
Welcome to the forum, 'Egle'.

I should think one of the Ceed owners will pop up before very long able to provide chapter and verse on the requirements for that model. Until then, perhaps you could inform us of the mileage at which the car was serviced each time and whether or not servicing was performed by a KIA dealer or by an independent repairer?

On the face of it, it looks as if the car may not be in compliance with KIA's servicing schedule but, again, one of the Ceed owners will provide the correct information.

Until you are furnished with the right information, may I just say that I hope you are enjoying your Ceed as they are pretty decent cars, some variants well furnished with the gadgets and gizmos many of us have come to enjoy.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The service interval is documented in the service record booklet.

I agree with indalo that it is possibly the case that the correct servicing intervals have not been followed because 3 x 20k services will only be good to 80k and you are already past that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought so as I was doing service for my old focus every 10k miles.couple stamps are from independent dealers and one from Kia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts