Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new,

Regarding the warranties on a2010 Kia Rio diesel;

I understand that in the UK you can have a VAT registered, non-KIA garage to do the service, which will maintain the 7 year warranty (has anyone had a problem with that?)

Also, can a non-Kia garage do the paint checkfor the anti-perforation warranty?

Thanks

Edited by: Rubyruby

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Rubyruby said:
Also, can a non-Kia garage do the paint checkfor the anti-perforation warranty?

Thanks
Thats a good question. I would think Kia would have to do that check. Dont know how much they would charge, might be worth asking your friendly Kia garage man that one.

Oh are you any relation to a Ruby Murray

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Kia garage wants £35 for a paint checkand he is 40 miles away. He couldn't answer my question about if it was mandatory for a Kia garage to do it though

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would contact Kia customer service HQ and see what they say. Or maybe Viking Paul on here would enlighten us.

·
Registered
662 Posts
£35 is about right for a stand alone check its obviously included in the dealers service price

yes it can only be carried out by a KIA dealer and should be done yearly on the cars birthday. servicing may be carried out an other garage but they must use genuine KIA parts and follow the KIA service schedule make sure they are able to supply you with a full checklist of the actions carried out at each service and that these match what the dealer would have done. if you claim on the warranty you will be asked to provide this information and any relevant invoices. the one thing AN Other can not do is check forany free service actions or upgradesand be able to download latest tunes to the engine
other thing to keep in mind is the resale value of the car with its 7 year warranty to jeopardize that would devalue the car by a lot we saw a car last week two years old not serviced, (only by the owner) that car should still have 5 years warranty left but now has none its value should have been £8595 he's been offered £4000 by the local vauxhall dealer they told him they would have to put an aftermarket warranty on the car and sell it for £5295 all because he wanted to save £200

our sales department would not offer to buy the car at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts