Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just an update.....

Had a text message from the dealer today, gave them a call and recall is the Crankshaft.
Booked in for the 4th August for a few hours.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It must be specific to the 1.6 CRDi. I have the 2.0 CRDi 48V and there is nothing on MyKia about a recall.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone had their Sportage recalled at all?
In the UK and have a 'Service Action' on the Mykia page for my 1.6 DCT GT line S.
I had my 1.6 GT Line serviced a few weeks back and had a service action completed. Came away and the throttle was a 'bit' more responsive (auto box)

·
Registered
17 Posts
So on mykia homepage where it shows your car, it doesn’t list anything but when you go to book a service it does?
I had to book my service directly with the dealership as the book a service page doesn’t work for me. I just get the following after I choose a garage for service to be done at, ive tried this with about 6 different dealerships and all the same message - I wondered if it was to do with the COVID-19 but others on forum have not had this message appear so not sure why it’s coming up for me:
No Services Available
Unfortunately online Booking is not available for your vehicle at the selected branch. Please contact us for a quote.
I've just seen this too. This shows on my home page.....not that clear.

However, going into the "book a service " page......

I'll let it go until the next service unless anyone thinks otherwise?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Stonic service issue is software Taking mine next Friday 7th might mean i can open the boot without opening the drivers door that would be nice especially if it’s raining lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The KIA Sportage 2019 1.6 CRDi ISG DCT is software as well, I had mine done last week as i was told it affects the ECU and with an upcoming long trip ahead I didn`t fancy being lifted off the motorway at silly o`clock on a wet night due to a malfunction in the ECU...the update /service action is free, just find a dealer that will fit you in!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had a reply from Kia customer service....

Thanks for recent contact.

It’s great to hear you’re a proud owner of Kia.

Having checked the warranty history for your vehicle VIN: XXXXXXXXXXX Kia Sportage, I can confirm that there are 2 outstanding service actions for lamp inspection on catalytic converter and Mild Hybrid starter generator lamp inspection and replacement, this will be completed by the dealer free of charge.

I’d recommend contacting your local dealership to discuss the service actions to see if it’s possible to wait until your vehicle is serviced in October.

A recall is issued in accordance with the DVSA Code of Practice On Safety Defects & Recalls and action must be taken immediately. A Service Action is a vehicle enhancement to improve the vehicles drivability or prevent a future potential failure - this will generally be completed during routine service or maintenance at your dealer.

Using one of our Kia dealers it gives you the reassurance they will service, repair and maintain your car to very highest standards using genuine Kia parts.

You can find your local or preferred Kia dealer here to arrange a booking for the outstanding service actions for your vehicle -

I hope this information has been of help to you and if there’s anything else I can help with, please get in touch via email, or call 0333 2022 990.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts