Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone had their Sportage recalled at all?
In the UK and have a 'Service Action' on the Mykia page for my 1.6 DCT GT line S.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone had their Sportage recalled at all?
In the UK and have a 'Service Action' on the Mykia page for my 1.6 DCT GT line S.
Hi
I had my first service in June it needed a service action all they said it was a ECU update but that was it.It not a recall not urgent will be done at your service hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had a call saying there is a service action for my car for the crankshaft? Anyone else has this

·
Registered
512 Posts
What model/year does this affect? Anyone know?
ive not had any call, is there anywhere to check if my car is affected?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i think it is just the mild hybred models, it may be better to check with your dealer to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
this is displayed on "MyKIA" for my KIA Sportage 2 CRDi Auto 2019

"SERVICE ACTION
There is a Service Action for your car. Please contact your dealer and they will arrange a suitable date with you to have the product enhancement completed free of charge"

It doesn`t say what it is, I have booked mine in for a first service on the 15thJuly and I asked what it was about only to be told "we don`t know anything about this service action as we have been closed for 12 weeks"...instills me with compelete faith the dealers will find out and implement the action on the 15th...not!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
this is displayed on "MyKIA" for my KIA Sportage 2 CRDi Auto 2019

"SERVICE ACTION
There is a Service Action for your car. Please contact your dealer and they will arrange a suitable date with you to have the product enhancement completed free of charge"

It doesn`t say what it is, I have booked mine in for a first service on the 15thJuly and I asked what it was about only to be told "we don`t know anything about this service action as we have been closed for 12 weeks"...instills me with compelete faith the dealers will find out and implement the action on the 15th...not!!
Ah ok, where abouts on mykia? I assume you go to my car and then it would show there if there are any recalls? Mine is a petrol so looks like these aren’t affected.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ah ok, where abouts on mykia? I assume you go to my car and then it would show there if there are any recalls? Mine is a petrol so looks like these aren’t affected.
if you are subscribed to the MyKIA page just log on it will tell you , this is what is displayed on the "book a service" page, (although KIA have suspended online service booking for the time being), this is different to what is written on the MyKIA homepage!!

"Service Campaign
There is a Service Action pending for your car. This is not a Safety Recall although it is an important action that will be completed during your service visit."

·
Registered
512 Posts
if you are subscribed to the MyKIA page just log on it will tell you , this is what is displayed on the "book a service" page, (although KIA have suspended online service booking for the time being), this is different to what is written on the MyKIA homepage!!

"Service Campaign
There is a Service Action pending for your car. This is not a Safety Recall although it is an important action that will be completed during your service visit."
So on mykia homepage where it shows your car, it doesn’t list anything but when you go to book a service it does?
I had to book my service directly with the dealership as the book a service page doesn’t work for me. I just get the following after I choose a garage for service to be done at, ive tried this with about 6 different dealerships and all the same message - I wondered if it was to do with the COVID-19 but others on forum have not had this message appear so not sure why it’s coming up for me:
No Services Available
Unfortunately online Booking is not available for your vehicle at the selected branch. Please contact us for a quote.

·
Registered
968 Posts
No Services Available
Unfortunately online Booking is not available for your vehicle at the selected branch. Please contact us for a quote.
I get that message on the MyKia site, that is because I have a three year service contract with the dealer. Check direct with your dealer and, if they are any good, they will confirm. Alternatively if you are so worried PM Kia Customer Service and ask them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I had to ring my dealer direct to book my service, it went through to their head office and as they have dealerships all over the country I was able to book it in to one of their local dealerships so no travelling for me, only downside is that i have to still go to their main KIA dealership to get the Service Action dealt with at a later date, not sure when that is so I could ring a different KIA dealership and see if they can fit me in!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I get that message on the MyKia site, that is because I have a three year service contract with the dealer. Check direct with your dealer and, if they are any good, they will confirm. Alternatively if you are so worried PM Kia Customer Service and ask them.
My car doesn’t have a 3 year service contract plan or anything like that but message still comes up. As I say I’ve already booked car in for service for a couple of months time and I understand they check for any updates or recalls as part of the service anyway.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My car doesn’t have a 3 year service contract plan or anything like that but message still comes up. As I say I’ve already booked car in for service for a couple of months time and I understand they check for any updates or recalls as part of the service anyway.
Then I recommend you PM Kia Customer Services and ask why you can't use the online service facility.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Then I recommend you PM Kia Customer Services and ask why you can't use the online service facility.
I asked the question when I phoned to book my service in with my dealer, apparently due to Covid-19 it was easier for KIA to disable the online booking facility and make everyone phone the dealership to get a date for their service/visit as each dealership has to adhere to Government guidelines and they simply don`t have enough technicians working or the time to clear the backlog of services due,
I phoned 18th June expecting a 2 week wait, had i taken the one offered at their KIA dealership (which would have enabled me to have the Service Action dealt with) i would have to wait till the 31st July earliest,6 weeks later!!
they managed to book me in at another one of their service workshops in the 15th July as it is only a first service.
I am not really happy with that arrangement as it`s not a KIA workshop that is doing it, although they tell me everything will be the same, just not the service action done!

·
Registered
512 Posts
That was my thinking that Kia would have disabled the online booking system for cars. But know a few people have managed to get prices via the online system so wonder if there’s some garages that are still active on there whereas most have been disabled for time being.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its vital anyone who gets a letter regarding the crankshaft service action gets it booked in as soon as they can. There is the possibility of major engine damage if its not carried out. It only applies to the 48v mild hybrid models

·
Registered
301 Posts
if you hear a sqealing belt noise, call for help do not drive/run engine ! i think this is all the warning you get before possible engine damage.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have my service booked in and the dealer didn`t know about any service action so i sent an email direct to KIA Customer Service, here is the reply (which i got within 2 hours of sending the email...)

I must add my vehicle is a 2019 1.6 Diesel CRDi DCT Auto.

Case Reference – KMXXXXXXX75

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email, I hope that you are well.

I can confirm that it is a Engine Control Module update that needs to be carried out on your vehicle. I would need to get in touch with the dealer doing your service with reference to carrying out the recall.

Please leave this with me, I will contact the service department when they open tomorrow to enquire further for you.

If there is anything else, I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
Chloe-Ann Wesley-Lane

Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia Motors UK

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you hear a sqealing belt noise, call for help do not drive/run engine ! i think this is all the warning you get before possible engine damage.
You are quite right, The belt tensioner seizes in one direction and the backlash causes damage to the key way on the crankshaft.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts