Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yes!!!

Greetings, first post here, I've posted this up on another Kia forum but feel it needs wider exposure given the difficulty of getting hold of any Kia technical info at all.....

As some of you will know, the series 2 Carens diesel shares it's engine with various other cars.....but any service and rebuild information on this engine is very hard to come across.<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">The wife's Carens has now hit 60000 miles and the cambelt needs doing, so I've been in search of a manual- I could tackle it without one, but it's a lot easier knowing how to wind the tensioner in and suchlike. The engine is designated the D4EA, and it also lives in the Hyundai Tucson. The installation differs, but to all intents and purposes it's the same as the Carens and has all the info you need to completely strip and rebuild it should you need to, and has a full listing of the all important torque settings. <BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">The Russian Hyundai club have placed all the manuals on the web in adobe format, in English!! Including the D4EA shop manual, woohoo!!!! Go here to download it Hyundai Tucson €"" Ã�¥Ã‘ŽÃ�½Ã�´Ã�°Ã�¹ Ã�¢Ã‘Æ'Ñ�Ã�ºÃ�¾Ã�½ €"" Ã�""�Ã�¾Ã�ºÃ‘Æ'Ã�¼Ã�µÃ�½Ã‘""šÃ�°Ã‘"" Ã�¸Ã‘� - Hyundai Ã�°Ã�²Ã‘""šÃ�¾Ã�ºÃ�»Ã‘Æ'Ã�± Scroll down and click on the shop manual but be warned, I's a huge file and needs a good broadband connection. <BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">I don't know about other Kia/Hyundai engine crossovers, but check their homepage as they seem to have put up manuals in English for the whole range of Hyundais, cheers russianchaps!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've had a look and it doesn't appear too bad, but then I've had a number of Citroens, this looks a doddle by comparison!!The main hassle appears to bestripping away the bits just to get to it- asI see it it's intercooler off, engine cover off, undertray off, support engine, remove coolant tank andall of theengine mount, remove serpentine belt.........and then you can start work!!

Incidentally, removing the coolant tank last night to have a peek at whats involvedrevealed an easy way to get to the oil filter- previously I've taken off the intercooler and engine cover to do it, I never thought of taking off the header tank, but it's only 3 bolts and you can geta good grip on the filter

·
Registered
887 Posts
Filters easy... take of rear intercooler pipe at intercoole,r push out of way, remove small bore coolant pipe from head, done ,good access.
The hard part is getting that very large metal lump of a engine mount out, real pig...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's that done and yes, the engine mount IS a pig!!!
The time taken to get it out of the way was probably 50% of the whole job time
Next time it'll be easier..........

·
Registered
7 Posts
mr rusty said:
Oh yes!!!

Greetings, first post here, I've posted this up on another Kia forum but feel it needs wider exposure given the difficulty of getting hold of any Kia technical info at all.....

As some of you will know, the series 2 Carens diesel shares it's engine with various other cars.....but any service and rebuild information on this engine is very hard to come across.<BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">The wife's Carens has now hit 60000 miles and the cambelt needs doing, so I've been in search of a manual- I could tackle it without one, but it's a lot easier knowing how to wind the tensioner in and suchlike. The engine is designated the D4EA, and it also lives in the Hyundai Tucson. The installation differs, but to all intents and purposes it's the same as the Carens and has all the info you need to completely strip and rebuild it should you need to, and has a full listing of the all important torque settings. <BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">The Russian Hyundai club have placed all the manuals on the web in adobe format, in English!! Including the D4EA shop manual, woohoo!!!! Go here to download it Hyundai Tucson €"" Ã�¥Ã‘ŽÃ�½Ã�´Ã�°Ã�¹ Ã�¢Ã‘Æ'Ñ�Ã�ºÃ�¾Ã�½ €"" Ã�""�Ã�¾Ã�ºÃ‘Æ'Ã�¼Ã�µÃ�½Ã‘""šÃ�°Ã‘"" Ã�¸Ã‘� - Hyundai Ã�°Ã�²Ã‘""šÃ�¾Ã�ºÃ�»Ã‘Æ'Ã�± Scroll down and click on the shop manual but be warned, I's a huge file and needs a good broadband connection. <BR itxt="1"><BR itxt="1">I don't know about other Kia/Hyundai engine crossovers, but check their homepage as they seem to have put up manuals in English for the whole range of Hyundais, cheers russianchaps!!!!
that's a good (find) my friend

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just tried to download D4EA manual but it does not seem to work, it goes to a catalog by peterhost. Am i doing something wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts