Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a abs light on, showed 2 codes, my diag machine doesnt list KIA but it lists hyundai, so seen as they more or less the same, i cheated my machine by saying i was plugging into a hyundia, got me codes, C1206 & C1207, cleared these an left with code C1206 LR wheel speed sensor open or short.
Went into live data form, wheel jacked up off the ground an spun them, yep, no signal from the LR wheel (NSR).

Any one know of any common issue's and also of any good suppliers for gen an non gen parts, or does it look like dealer only ?, views appreaited.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Not heard of it being a common problem.Sensors obtainable viastockistssuch as Europarts about £5o apiece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers birdman, was reading this for a friend, working on the assumption my machine was reading correct, i priced a sensor fora JC524 chassis model and got a price of £49+vat to myself in the trade, to confirm this is correct code & problem, the guy is poping along to our nearest KIA dealer, quiet surprised at their costs.They can supply an ORIGINAL DEALER KIA abs sensor for the nsr for £50+vat, thought that was pretty good for a GENUINE DEALER KIASENSOR !! ?? , i some how dont think so, sceptical

They also offered they can plug in an read correctly, clear an reset an supply an fit the same nsr abs sensor for a total job cost of £185.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts