Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I set average mpg so I can see it all the time I’m driving. It’s a 2019 Sportage.

·
Registered
697 Posts
User manual, Section 4 page 70 to 76 explain. You need to scroll through the Trip settings on your dashboard display. You don't say which model you have but using the buttons/keys on the steering wheel (right hand style).

·
Registered
502 Posts
How do I set average mpg so I can see it all the time I’m driving. It’s a 2019 Sportage.
Best to watch the road. Just drive normally and you get what you get. The only way to determine you correct mpg is several tankfuls and a calculator. Most dash displays lie, some should be tried for perjury.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would agree with "Back Again" but there is a useful little App called FillUp that seems to be very accurate and easy to use.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Do people not read owner manuals these days? It's all explained in there...
I agree, although the handbook is a bit of a tome to get through, although I do get peeved when somebody provides an answer and the poster hasn't the good grace to acknowledge the reply. Another one post wonder :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree, although the handbook is a bit of a tome to get through, although I do get peeved when somebody provides an answer and the poster hasn't the good grace to acknowledge the reply. Another one post wonder :rolleyes:
Agreed. But what i find even more annoying is when someone comes on here, venting their frustration about a niggly problem with their sporty, gets feedback & advice, gets it booked in with Kia dealers....and then nothing! No update about what the problem was, did KIA solve it? If so, how etc.

As soon as their problem is solved, they disappear into the ether......

·
Registered
665 Posts
'Refer to the manual' comments are always a bit harsh on car forums.
If everyone did that, post counts would plummet, advertising revenue would plummet and forums would die.

·
Registered
697 Posts
If everyone did that, post counts would plummet, advertising revenue would plummet and forums would die.
Hence why I advised to use the keys on the steering wheel to page through the Trip display and that there are difference according to the model as I have found when I changed cars.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Surely forums are there to help people with problems that they cannot find the answer to by doing a bit of simple reading. When I was a lad we had not internet and had no option but read the manual to find the answer.

People asking the same question that has been asked before or there is a simple easy to find answer to is simple idleness. Reading and research are something we should all do.

Continually asking why "my car does not do the mpg Kia told me" does not make a Forum viable.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Surely forums are there to help people with problems that they cannot find the answer to by doing a bit of simple reading. When I was a lad we had not internet and had no option but read the manual to find the answer.

People asking the same question that has been asked before or there is a simple easy to find answer to is simple idleness. Reading and research are something we should all do.

Continually asking why "my car does not do the mpg Kia told me" does not make a Forum viable.
I'm sure there is an element of laziness for some, for sure.
Be interesting to see how post counts would go down on here if everyone did resort to reading a piece of printed matter again (how 2008...)
I don't think the forum owners would like it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't think the forum owners would like it.
The forum owners would be paid if people came on and searched for an answer, perhaps more if the people visited more pages. Then a thank you to the thread providing the answer would provide more monies.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Generally people are lazy and would rather someone else does the work, some people look at the manual and dont understand it or get get bogged down in the amount of words. someone else explaining what the manual says (in a differant way can clarify the instructions).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts