Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 2.9 CRDi Sedona. Since buying it 18 months ago I have fitted 4 new front tyres and now need 2 more. Does anyone have any tips to save tyres/money

·
Registered
3 Posts
try having the tracking checked out if you have a local motorsave they usually do a free check and only £15 to adjust also even though new tyers are fitted they may not be inflated to the correct psi most petrol stations with air lines have a list of cars and correct pressures if you can not find them in hand book hope this helps james

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Sedona is just terrible for scrubbing front tyres. I bet only the outsides were scrubbed with the middle being practically untouched. I use light commercial tyres with 44 psi. If you use the recommended pressure of 36 psi they won't last 3 months

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bob Hinton said:
The Sedona is just terrible for scrubbing front tyres. I bet only the outsides were scrubbed with the middle being practically untouched. I use light commercial tyres with 44 psi. If you use the recommended pressure of 36 psi they won't last 3 months
It depends on what type of tyre you buy, ie- ranging from soft to hard compound. Soft will give a better grip and vice versa, but even at that you must drive like a demon and hold to the "JESUS" handles when cornering or be driving non-stopto go through them in 3 months. It is not recommended that you over inflate tyres as this results in less surface contact with the road giving less grip, greater braking distance, more uncomfortable ride etc. The list is almost endless as to why tyres need to be at the correct pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What tyre makes/types have you had fitted and what milage have you had from each type?

·
Registered
24 Posts
one of the tyre companes here in cheltenham told me to get reinforced tyers for the sedona as the car is to heavy for normal ones. i have normal ones on there just now and running them about 45psi. as they were getting a bit thin on the sides and harly worn in the middle whitch is a indication that the tyers were to soft going by the leflets in the garages. will be getting reinforced ones next will let you know how they go next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 sedona and get about 20000 miles out of a set of front tyres, I always fit Kuhmos which the car came with , I tow a large caravan at least every other weekend and do a couple of thousand miles around france towing every year. you should fit normal car tyres as specified by Kia or you might invalidate your insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts