Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes got a 2001 Sedona 2.9 Diesel. Its just developed a problem where sometimes its very difficult to start and it seems to be getting worse. Sometimes you can turn the key and the motor will spin over and over with nothing. Other times you can turn the motor over and it catches first throw? Turn it off, and try again and it turns over and and over again. I thought it might be drawing a bit air in because the bleed screw rubber washer on the filter housing was perished. Changed this and the filter and made sure the sedimentor was ok, which it was (still the same). When it starts it runs perfectly no loss of power or any other ill effects! The only thing that is slightly suspect is the battery, but it seems to throw the motor over no problems but seems to get tired quicker than normal. Also this morning it was a bit chilly, i was trying to start the car. And its turning over and over, battery starts going after a while and the IMMO light starts flashing on the dash. Is this because of the drop in power from the battery or could this be something to do with the car not starting? Once the key is reset the light comes on and goes off as normal. Ive tried pumping the filter pump by hand a few times before turning the key sometimes this works other times no effect. Im getting a bit confused? Any help or advice would be most welcome. Like i say when it starts it runs perfectly!!!

Regards

Oli

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi, Usually a problem like you describe is an air lock or leak in the fuel system or battery or glow plugs - you might have one glow plug that is not working or if your battery is not putting out enough juice to get all four plugs up to temperature. I would take each plug out and wire them across a good battery to see if they are working ok and also have the battery tested - most tyre/exhaust places will do this for free!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts