Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 07 2.9 sedona. Great vehicle but had trouble with rear seats when bought. Took them out to clean aand right track hd moved. Could not get left one in. Any ideas please although it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have chest problems and find holding the heavy seats in a confined space so cannot seem to locate the front lugs properley for the lefthand rear seat so it will not sit down onto tracks at rear. With the righthand seat it will not engage the front as the right hand track is an inch backward of the left in alignment. When the seat is tipped up it skews round and will not reseat at the rear. track will not just tap forward. Should I be using what appears to be three large Allen screws in the track? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
399 Posts
to replace seats, line them up with their respective slots and push them forward (back of the seat folded forward) when the front lugs begin entering give it a one last push, it should engage then lift the rear of the seat and slam down quite hard to engage the rear lugs.The tracks should move together, either move one forward or the other back. If you think it needs dismantling maybe it needs a different approach which a D I Y'er could undertake for you. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, much appreciated advice but weight of seats and difficulty fitting got the better of me. Reluctantlyy parted with motor for a Zafiri. big price drop but necessary.Will prob miss the great ride in the Kia but have to be practical. thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts