Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to to this website so please bear with me. I have a kia sedona 7 seater seating is 2 2 3 (bench). Does any one no if i can remove the middle two seats and replace it with a 3 seater bench, making it a 8 seater. I am a childminder and i need 8 seats but i dont want to change my car

·
Registered
235 Posts
In my Sedona, it has been changed into a commercial refit with 2 + 3 and rear bulk head with seats removed for tax reasons etc.

The two outer seats with armrests, back squab folds down, but the center back is fixed, in fact all 3 seats are fixed, they can not be moved for and aft as they have been moved forward of the original fixings to allow for cubic unit to qualify for commercial use.

Taff

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you do manage to do it you must notify your insurance company of the modification - no doubt they will increase the premium or refuse to cover you until they have inspected the work - might be worth having a word with them before you go any further. Sorry to appear negative but I had loads of problems with a van conversion I did a few years ago. Good luck with it and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had a 2001 sedona.i took the middle two seats out and slid the bench from the rear to the middle.what you are asking is possible with the early model.but access would be difficult.the back of the bench is fixed upright,so it would mean climbing over the middle bench to get to the rear bench.and the centre belt would be a lap strap only

1 - 5 of 5 Posts