Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Our 2004 Kia Sedona overheated and stopped working the other day, and had to be towed to a Kia dealership. They say that the rear heater tubes needed to be replaced. they say that it is going to cost about $850 to fix with $200 going to parts and 6 hours of labor totaling almost $600. Then tax. Not to mention we're paying $120 for the tow. First of all does this seem like an extremely high amount of money for labor? Does it really take 6 hours to fix these heater tubes? Secondly, what causes something like this to happen? The guy said it was because of salt on the roads. We live in Chicago... how are we supposed to avoid that in the winter time? Is this a design flaw, or what? Also, our minivan is 4,000 miles past 60K, but only 4.5 years old. What is the deal with the Kia 10-year warrantee? Please help! I think somehow we're getting whacked! :( Thank you! I'm so glad a site like this exists!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Heater tubes, at least on uk models take 1 hour to fit, front to back, only a few jubilee clips and around 6 10mm bolts holding them to the car, done hundreds of the buggers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Sciencerocks, sounds like it may be cheaper to fly Murphwhiz out to do the job for you.

Hope you can get it sorted, it aint nice when you suspect you're being ripped off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the subject of Rear Heating, now that the new Rad has solved the main water loss problem, how do they work? With warm air coming from the face vents (to be sure there is warm air available), push in the dash switch for the rear heater (light on) and turn on rear blower, but only cold air comes out from the low level vents, turn off the heater switch and the blowing switches to the high level vents and I guess this should always be cold. Is the only way to check there is water in the rear tubes is to get under and check the hoses for heat? How do they fill with water? Sorry got no owners manual, so questions are very basic on how it works.
Edited by: kmerson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts