Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have just replaced rear heater pipes on 05 Sedona due to split pipe have run engine to normal operating temp but no hot air from rear when dash button pressed in. suspect air lock. Is there a simple fix ? or remedy that I can try. Am sure that this is a common problem from amount of comments re these pipes on here.

Any and all assistance gratefully received and considered, thank you

·
Registered
249 Posts
No easy fix, just keep checking & topping up the water for a few days. Check at the rad.cap ( when it's cold ) as it won't neccessarily pull all the water in from the expansion tank.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I noticed the rear heater pipes on my sedona looking worse for wear above the spare tyre! Sanded them back, rust proofed and painted. Should buy me some time!
How much are the pipes as I know its only a matter of time?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just replaced my rear heater pipes at a cost of £102 inc vat
. It took about 40 minutes to do the job. I replaced the water in the cooling system and ran the engine for a while till everything was warm. At first i had no heat from the rear so i let it all cool down then released the spring clips on each of the rear pipes one at a time and then removingeach rubber hose slowly till some fluid came out which helped to bleed the system. I then replaced the clipes and the heater in the back is now working fine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Guys
Ian Owen, previous post back in July, has replaced his rear heater pipes for about £3 and can send you the photos to your email if you askhim. I did they are a great help and good quality photos.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, i have just replaced my rear heater pipes too. with normal rubber reinforced heater hose,, seems to be working fine and guaranteed not to rust again, hasanybody had any problems with doing this, tks keith.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Top up the water, heater set to hot give it a good 10 - 15 mile run above 2000 rpm. leave to cool and top up again, within a 15 mile run the system should bleed itself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where are they leaking? at the rear?I'd just get some hose and loop them back on each other.
Bit of over kill having a rear heater anyway I think

·
Registered
702 Posts
m623d said:
Where are they leaking? at the rear?I'd just get some hose and loop them back on each other.
Bit of over kill having a rear heater anyway I think
My dogs love it keeps them warm when traveling

·
Registered
2 Posts
karavanking said:
hi guys, i have just replaced my rear heater pipes too. with normal rubber reinforced heater hose,, seems to be working fine and guaranteed not to rust again, hasanybody had any problems with doing this, tks keith.
I did exactly the same thing and a year on all is well!! fingers crossed

Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
HiIve just experienced this problem, My leak is noticeable when I undone my spare wheel, noticed a sludge type leak on the joint, my question really is that Im going to use rubber hose, anyone know what size of hose and what connectors to use?

·
Registered
390 Posts
foru2justnv said:
HiIve just experienced this problem, My leak is noticeable when I undone my spare wheel, noticed a sludge type leak on the joint, my question really is that Im going to use rubber hose, anyone know what size of hose and what connectors to use?
Hi. I took the small pipe from the front of my car to Halfords bought 6mtrs of it at a total cost of £15. To be safe though but 7mtrs. (If you want to by pass the back heater pull off the rubber pipes under car, drivers side, and join themtogether using 15mm straight coppper connector, use the connectors with a 'solder' lip as these hold the clamps better. Try not to usejubilee clips tho).To replace all...Take off the spare and jack up the car on the drivers side front to back,so the car rests on the front and rear wheels passenger side,This exposes the pipesto the rear. I have replaced fully in rubber for now, take care to feed pipes away from the exhaust. Leave the centre metal pipes connected and when warmer I am replacing with 15mm copper plumbers pipe then painted to protect it. I will use the original steel pipe as a bending tenplate. The steel pipes are bolted to the car in a double clamp housing at a few points. If the rear original rubber pipes are ok use them to bypass the rear spare wheel ect upto the matrix pipes if not ...see the pics you should recieve from,..'thingy bobs'.
Steve Gx Blackpool.ps I can no follow on my iphone too..posh bas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning,

I am going to attempt this repair today, would you be able to send me some pictures to help please? I'm thinking about leaving the old metal pipes in and clipping the new heater hose to them .....

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have just done mine that section cost £95 plus VAT you get the rubber hose on one end where it attaches to the rear heating in the rear panel. it took about 1,1/2 hours as it is tucked under the exhaust

1 - 20 of 28 Posts