Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been offered the chance of a sedona 52 plate 2.9crdi, only problem is she dont run, i checked out the 2 fuse boards, fuses seem ok, i swaped a few relays round - like for like, as a couple of them where the same, crank it over and still non start, so here i am, had a brouse through here and have come across a common problem being the pick up coil at the barrel, so will have a play with that.
I did borrowa code reader, but unfortunatly, Kia wasnt listed, so tried hyundia, now i kow the codes may be different. There was 2 codes and the IMMO light is staying on.

Was wandering if any one can shed light on the codes ?
P1116:inlet metering vavle control
16384..... the diag machine didnt have a description for this code.

But i will be looking at the key barrel coil tosee what i can see.

Look forwards to your views folks, cheers andy

·
Registered
65 Posts
P1116 is engine coolant sensor is out of self-test range. The correct range is 0.3 to 3.7 volts.
Possible causes:-
<div ="info_code">[*] Overheating condition.
[*] Malfunctioning thermostat.
[*] Damaged ECT sensor.
[*] Low engine coolant.
[*] Damaged harness connector. But this wouldn't stop your engine starting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ops, my apologies was supose to be P1119
, not to worry, i took the battery off and gave it a good charging
, nearly hot enough to boil an egg
, and it started, so i think there may not have been enough charge in the battery, any way she runs, som the problem with this 1 was a failing battery, gave the car a look over, erm i'll pass on it,it had just had a rather major injector repair, thank you patman for the input on MY ERROR
. The codes i was not taking as correct as i had to cheat the machine to read the car, by saying it was a hyundia, none the less, cheers for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.