Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just bought a 2003 Sedona, got the timing belt and heater pipes sorted by a garage in Corby Northants. 30 pounds an hour, an ex Kia mechanic on the team and they have all the diagnostic equipment, so I thought that was good.I have now returned to France, so I am on my own to sort out the feeble handbrake, is this a known fault?
Cheers Dan

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep it is . Whats the problem ? is it barely holding or is it sticking on ?. Normally its the n/s rear short cable that is the problem it stretches. You have to fit a new cable if that is the problem, then back off the adjuster that goes through the horse shoe where the front cable meets the rear cables then adjust it a little and see if the o/s rear wheel is locking up good(if not adjust it somemore) then back it off untill it spins free, if it is then adjust the n/s cable up using the turn buckle on that cable untill the near side wheel locks up good and back it off untill it spins, then pull the handbrake lever up and see if it hold if it does then its done if not just repeat the process

1 - 2 of 2 Posts