Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 03 plate diesel Sedona that has just had the fuel pump fail. The second in 18 months. Now facing a £3k + bill.

Dealer, Kia etc not interested.
Anyone had same problem and won?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - not sure when you posted this - I have just joined the Kia Owners site today 12 June 08 - because of same problem as you - our bill is 5k plus VAT, the Sedona is an 03 plate and has only done 33k miles - we are devastated - am now in the process of writing letters to the dealership (I am getting legal advice) but they do not seem to want to know - but I will persist and I am sure there are many more of us out there. The diagnosis has been metal swarf in fuel filter and fuel tank caused by failure of high pressure fuel pump and will require replacement of complete fuel system and cleaning of fuel tank. We really do not know what to do next - our advice has been to pursue the dealership under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
Please let me know how you get on - thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in the process of writing letter to the head office to get an explanation on what is a seriously expensive problem, I have an 04 plate with the fuel pump needing replacing I have done 50 K

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whaaaaat??? I can't believe the figures being talked about here £3k -- £5k.

Why so expensive for a fuel pump?

I cleaned outthe fuel sedimentor on my 02 Sedona a couple of months ago and found a smallamount of swarf and thought nothing of it. Should I be getting worried?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sedona Fuel pump.

Fellow sufferers, I too have problems with the CRDi fuel pump on my 2005 Sedona. My car is 5 months out of warranty and needs the best part of £5,000 to fix it. The car is worth not much more and is it worth throwing money at it? As with the other owners I have had no joy from Kia U.K. who know there is a manufacturing problem with this cars fuel system. The replies from the helpline were obviously well practised and research on the web shows that there are problems al over Europe and the U.S.A.

Has anybody had a satisfactory conclusion to their problems.

DCL

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry for sounding a bit dim, but why did you need the fuel filter being replaced??

what are the symptons, i ask because i have had probs with engine cutting out whilst driving, and kia local dealer suggested that if first 2 solutions didn't work, then to try this......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts