Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone is thinking of purchasing a kia sedona out of warrenty i would very strongly advise against it as you will probably end up with problems like myself my car has done only 75000 miles
and As of to date i have had to pay out £2200 on repairs on a car and now have to put it in garage again for a new fuel pumpwhich will add another £1200 to the running costs.

you may think everyone has these problems eventually which i will agree with, but you dont expect these sort of bills on a 2005 registered car.

to date it is 2009 complete rebuild of gearbox three months after warrenty ran out cost £1000 but kia doesnt want to know as its out of warrenty.

nov 2009 milage 72000 replace all four injectors due to catostrophic failure of all four injectors cost £1200

but yet again kia donot want to know.

now i have justbeen informed by my garage that my diesel pump has failed and willcost around £1200 to replace.

So all be aware that if you want to have to pay out £3600 repair bills on a car that has only done 52000 miles in five years then BUY a kia sedona and dont expect kia to give any recompence to your spending as its your fault for buying one of their cars

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club.
With todays costs of repairs and parts it a wise thing to purchase a warranty if the manufacturers warranty has expired. One I have had and used is Warranty Direct and that wason a Renault Clio 1.4 petrol. Cylinder head gasket and an injector. Cost was a £25 excess. Now its a 7 hour job plus parts which would have cost plenty more than the cost of the years warranty.

I have a Rio diesel and when the Kia warranty expired I got prices from Kia and the Pheonix car co where I purchased the car and the best I got was Tesco car warranty at £250 for the year with no excess and it covers a hell of a lot more parts than the other two. It even covered you for an Mot. Unfortunately Tesco is no longer doing car warranties soI will have to search again for a one in July andI would consider Warranty Direct again.

Just think if you had a warranty then all your parts and labour would have been covered and it would have cost you a fraction of what you have shelled out.

I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
192 Posts
id change my garage if i was you i got full set of injectors for the wifes sedona last week changed them my self price 75 quid from a motor factors with garages it pays to get a few quotes cos they do rip you off i had the same prob with my ssangyong musso soon as you say the name either you get a im not touching that or they rub there hands i do all car work myself now saves you a fortune cheers john.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have a 2003 sedona 2.9crdi i was told that i could not change injectors my self as they need to be re programed is this true .also my problem is i can drive allday under 60 mph but if i go over that speed car just shuts down ans as i am rollig i turn the ignition off and back on and it starts.also if i drive over 60mph if i take my foot of the gas for 1 to 2 seconds every 30-40 seconds its ok can you help thaks kevin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts