Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Sedona suffers from a flat battery when it is left for about a week. It had a new battery a year ago and this has been checked a reported to be in very good condition except it was 65% discharged. The car has been to the Kia dealer twice, the first time the confirmed there was a discharge of 0.1 amp and this WAS NOT caused by the DVD player, on the second visit they claimed it WAS the DVD player so this has been disconnected. There is another problem with the battery and that is a lot of battery discharge under the battery platform which they claim is due to an oversize battery being fitted, this I might add was fitted by the RAC after I called Kia Assist when the battery first went flat a year ago. The orginal battery has been charged and holds the charge. Can anyone advise me on this problem please.

Edited by: Caravan Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
this could be either a faulty altenator or even somthing as simple as dirty or loose conections from altenator i know that may sound daft but i have heard of this befor if there loose or dirty it could be braking the conection that charges the battery there is no way the dvd player can effect the battery unless switched on while engine is off hope this helps james

1 - 2 of 2 Posts