Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just bought a 03 sedona .but while driving along it losses revs .you have to take foot of pedal and put back down again then works fine .its as if you losses all revs .management light comes on now/again ,the car does not stop.any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have an 03 Sedona Diesel

If they overheat they cut to idle.It only needs to go a fraction past normal and this happens.

Check your coolant level. Mine had a leak from the rear heater pipes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i sorted it .the garage i got it from fitted a new throttle pedal but still did it ,i changed the fuel filter and its not done it since the filter was muckie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,

If you are losing power going up a hill or under hard acceleration then you may be facing the same problem that I have. I have had it diagnosed as a high pressure fuel pump problem (£1200 JUST FOR THE PART
). The mechanic at the Kia dealership was brilliant and tried to fix the problem for £3 but just my luck it's the pump). If your in doubt take it to the garage for a 30 min diagnostics check £40and at least you will know where you stand. I now need to ask the mechanics if I can do the job myself, as I have read that the pump is coded to the engine management system. Hope they can fix yours for £3. After all that has happened so far I still like my 2004 Sedona 80K miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has only done once since fitting new fuel filter.it does not matterhow you drive it .the last time was last sat only doing 30mph.i louse all acceleration till i take foot and put it back on .then drives normal.i dont think its the pump.it has not done it for 3 week

·
Registered
192 Posts
give it a mexican blow back fill your fuel filter with injector fluid put it back on and start it rev it to 5k revs and that will clean the pipes out then use redex in you tank every time you fill up that will cure the prob cheers john.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Morning all

Just saw this thread and I have something similar. After filling up with fuel I drove 200 miles with no problem, then all of a sudden the car started "missing" with the engine management light flashing in time with the lack of power.

I have cleaned the fuel filter twice and the only problem is when you push down the throttle har when the engine is cold.

If I use the throttle gently and change up, it clears after a few minutes and runs normally.

I have put injector cleaner through the system which has helped slightly but the injectors would have been clean after the 800 mile trip I had just completed.

Any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts