Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at buying an '07 or '08 Sedona, hopefully a TS. Is there anything I should be aware of or looking out for when looking at these cars?

Are there any known faults I should check for? Also, any things I should check for on the service history (when is the cambelt due, etc.)?

Are there any options that are "must haves" or "avoids"?

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ben
Not sure what the 07 are like, but would seriuosly avoid the whole brand, try the VW Touran 2.0 tdi sportor Grand Espace 3.0tdi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, OK - that's not exactly the kind of advice I was expecting - what makes you say that, bad experience with Kia?

We like the Sedona because of the 2-3-2 seating and the sliding doors, I don't think the Touran and Espace have sliding doors, do they?

Ben

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an 07 2.9 diesel Sedona and the handbook says 100,000 miles for the cambelt. Seems a lot but that's what it says. Front tyres canwear quickly if you indulge in enthusiastic cornering or don't maintain pressures. Loads of space inside and nice on the motorway. Not what I would call a drivers car, but then you don't buy a big heavy peaple carrier for sporty driving. The sliding doors are a big advantage but I think some have had problems with the electric ones so worth making sure they work o.k.Mine is a GS modelso only manual operated doorsand I've not had any problem with them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well i have had mine since Oct 2006, called GSE model in Ireland but top of the range, Leather, elec doors etc...
Excellent vehicle, beats a Galaxy.Touran[midget] by miles..loads of room, we have 4 kids under 7 and i have removed the middle seat so i have 2=2=2 and wife can walk right through.

Although i have fitted a PowerBox tuning system, gioves me 230Bhp now, it is fairly good with the diesel, averaging 32 in rural areas with no motorway driving.

Except normal servicing i just had replaced front drop links and could not think of another to come close at the money.

Driving in the country is little slower, as the bends are tricky with the weight and the kids !!

I changed tyres to Bridgestones Duellers and the ride is a lot softer.

In severe winter we had the only other prob od freezing doors..the electric ones would sick solid, so had to get kids in from the rear...temps of _10-12, even after putting in garage overnight.

My wife forced the door to open and weakened the door handle motor...so i replaced it after the winter...only cost around £ 12 each...other than that ...perfect

Taff

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. 2001 'Y' Sedona TDI s. engine ceased after I had it 3 months. Replacement engine from Sedona Gary, Wellinbrough. Been off road for three months of the last six of road tax.Car back Friday 20/8 7pm driving it again. I love my Sedona and after all the probs I would not change to another. Great drive ect...Stick with it and enjoy every min.
Steve Gx. Blackpool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts