Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, new member here. I have got a question but i need to try and find out what the problem is before i worry the missus. My sedona has done 44k and when i go to change gear and go into first it doesn't go in smoothly. It doesn't grind or knock under acceleration or deceleration but it needs a push if you get my drift sometimes having to double clutch to select first without it needing a push. Any help please. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got my sedona back, been in the garage all day from 9am this morning. Guy said we will bleed the cluth and change fluid in gearboxto start, then i will phone you then as to which way we go with it. Turns out that problem was still there, guy reckoned not enough travel in the cluth plate to engage smoothly especially in first and reverse. Changed a bolton the slave cylinder to see if that freed up more travel in the plate. Didn't work so they swapped that back to the original. Finally tweaked the travel adjustment on the back of the clutch pedal and took it to as far as he would safely move it. Told me £35 for the work he has done so far which i thought was a proper bargain for that. And on top of that the pedal and notching is smooth as a babys bottom. See how that goes were his last words, so i am well pleased with that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do you mean not enough travel to allow it to DIS engage properly. This would make sense as my clutch is very 'early'. As soon asI start to lift off the clutch it starts to drive, and sometimes when selecting 3rd gear it feels as if it hasn't gone in smoothly. like maybeit's not disengaging properly between gear shifts.
It's not enough of a problem for me to start major clutch work though.

£35 is a bargain for all that work. Can you send your mechanic to me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wouldn't engage or disengage smoothly and third was a bit funny sometimes. My clutch was always early from when we bought it at 12k and its now done 44k. The biting point hasn't changed that much after the work was done but with new gearbox oil as well it does feel ever so smooth when i drive properly without driving like a tit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A word of warning regarding the gearchange ive just had to get new clutch and clutch fork for my 04 sedona .I had the same problem with stiff gear changes mechanic tried pedal fix also changed master cylinder but in end the fork was broken and damaged clutch so get your garage to fix fork before you need to change clutch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can i be cheeky mate and ask how much it was to get sorted, because i have heard about these forks and although im not sure where they are situated i know of them. Has anyone got a pic of this fork they could post up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts