Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,<BR itxt="1">another problem with my sedona.<BR itxt="1">My transmission starts off and stays in 2nd gear until warm.<BR itxt="1">Once the tranny has warmed up its fine, however on cold mornings this can take 3-4 miles of driving in 2nd gear which is pretty frustrating.<BR itxt="1">My question is, have anyone else experienced this and if so resolved the problem or if anyone can help diagnose the problem it would be much appreciated.<BR itxt="1">I have flushed the tranny twice but this do not change anything.<BR itxt="1">Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
raptorman said:
Hi all,<br itxt="1">another problem with my sedona.<br itxt="1">My transmission starts off and stays in 2nd gear until warm.<br itxt="1">Once the tranny has warmed up its fine, however on cold mornings this can take 3-4 miles of driving in 2nd gear which is pretty frustrating.<br itxt="1">My question is, have anyone else experienced this and if so resolved the problem or if anyone can help diagnose the problem it would be much appreciated.<br itxt="1">I have flushed the tranny twice but this do not change anything.<br itxt="1">Thanks.
Problem now solved. turned out to be the transmission fluid temperature sensor completely failed. didn't even generate a code. my transmission ecu thought the fluid was at -40 degrees at all times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts