Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.9cdi engine. Progressively over the last few weeks,it has got worse.Car will now only start with aid from aerostart etc.It has had diagnostics which recorded no faults present.Socket was found inside near steering column.It has been suggested that the start relays were the cause but now this would appear to be incorrect as the coil in the inlet manifold can be seen to physically warm up and shut off after a period.It has also been suggested that because of it's location the fuel filter hasn't been changed and this would cause starvation.This would be viable other than the engine fires up on aerostart immediately and continues to run.Occassionally it will start hot (and cold) at the turn of the key but now getting a rare occurrence.Is it possible that like some petrol engined cars there is a relay of some description that activates the pump via the starter motor.??I think now that if I admit defeat and send the car into a local garage it would be cure by substitution and be mega expensive.I live rural and not in any immediate vicinity of a Kia main agent.I am getting desperate and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have just been told that the fuel filter my informant is on about is probably on the pick up pipe in the tank.Apparently the serviceable (or replaceable one is behind the R/H (O/S) headlamp. ??)Hopefully it's got a water trap and sensors on it.Sounds promising.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hello i got a orange light on my dash showing a funnel and it tured out to be that water filter behind the drivers side head light i just unscrewed the bottom of the pipe going down into the inner wing and its been great since they say check that every year and put some diesil injector cleaner in your fuil tank that works wonders i do this a least 3 times a year and mines 06 no problems yet touch wood

·
Registered
662 Posts
sounds like you have low fuel rail pressure it will need to be checked via a scanner get the garage to remove the fuel filter and drain it into a clear glass if you can see any metal particals floating (they are small) then you pumps the issue but you must flush the whole fuel system or fitting a new pump will simply knacker that one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts