Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

New member, looking forward to getting to know you all.

OK, we bought an 06 Sedona (new shape) 6 months ago.

Had loads of problems with electric doors only working 20% of the time, and now whilst out in the snow we stupidly tried to put the wipers on butdidn'trealise that the snow was hardened andwasn'tsoft as we had suspected.

Obviously the wipersdidn'tmove, but after wed cleaned the screen the right wiper only moved about 12 inches over the screen with the left one working fine (apart from it mounting the right wiper every time it moved over the screen)

After 5 minutes both wipers stopped working.

Basically, both wipers are completely loose and are flapping around like a "fishes gills in the wind"

My wife works late nights (no wisecracks please
) and needs the car arriving back home at 1.00am after her shift finishes.

If anybody would mind passing on some of your knowledge of all things "wipers" based I would be massively appreciative.

What do you think the issue could be, and how much to fix (an approximation will suffice)

Many thanks for your help

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
It could be that they have come loose on the tapered spindles. Just pop off the black plastic caps at the base of the wiper arm and see if the 14mm nuts are tight.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello Biggeordie and welcome to the forum.
I think michael is probably right, I've experienced this before and usually it's the wiper arms loose on the splines very simple to fix. You've probably sorted it now, let us know what it was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
I got it sorted by the AA.

It is the stupidest of designs by Kia, as it was indeed a silver nut attached to the wipers that works itself loose when the wipers struggle with any sort of load on them.

Apparently the wipers look like they are working but all te time this very small silver nut is working itself free, eventually falling off and losing all power to the motor.

AA lad fixed it in about an hour (luckilly for me he was an ex KIA technician from one of te dealerships!!)

All sorted now anyway, many thanks for the help and advice!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lucky, a good design fault, could have been broken wiper linkage or damaged wiper motor or gearbox!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts