Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

my sedona 04 plate wont start ~ just a ticking over noise , however battery is working

any ideas thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem , fitted new starter and still had the problem, the battery was ok, I put jump leads to it and it started and is fine since,( just wasted the price of new starter, ) Regards Lilyb

·
Registered
399 Posts
lilyb said:
I had the same problem , fitted new starter and still had the problem, the battery was ok, I put jump leads to it and it started and is fine since,( just wasted the price of new starter, ) Regards Lilyb

Yes it does happen, BUT, unless otherwise stated we presume that the obvious cable connections have already been checked.
It seems that when you connected the jump lead it created a path for the current to engage the starter, If I was you (if you haven't already done so) I would remove and clean the starter connections before it lets you down again.

·
Registered
422 Posts
MININUT said:
lilyb said:

Yes it does happen, BUT, unless otherwise stated we presume that the obvious cable connections have already been checked.
It seems that when you connected the jump lead it created a path for the current to engage the starter, If I was you (if you haven't already done so) I would remove and clean the starter connections before it lets you down again.
Sound advice - Make sure the battery is ok - Its usually the solenoid on the motor that sticks - unless the motor itself is u/s - as MININUT says check all connections to the motor and also the earth strap from engine to chasis - or remove the motor - I'm not sure about Sedonas but you can often dismantle the solenoid clean it up and it will work again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts