Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Sedimentor Level Warning" light came on this morning and went off after about 5 miles of driving.

Tonight the light came on after a couple of mile of driving.

The temperatur this morning was -12C and it was -9C tonight.

Is it probable that the very cold temperature is making the sensor think there's water (or more water than there is) in the fuel filter?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Where would I find that?

I would think any water in there would be frozen - my washer jets are frozen solid!

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it's a series two the drain is on the bottom of the fuel filter, located on the nearside of the bulkhead, it looks like a big tin can with fuel pipes in and out on top. The drain valveis a plastic knob on the bottom which youunscrew todrain, only takes a minute but it's messy! It's shown in the handbook I think.

If it's a series three it'll be a similar arrangement but I don't know where they put the fuel filter on those- it'lllook pretty much the same though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a look and found it this morning but assumed it was a spanner job and didn't have time to do anything.

I'll have a go tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Draining it made no difference.

Had a new fuel filter fitted today and the light's still on so it looks like the sensor was killed by the cold.

Mark

·
Registered
476 Posts
Make sure it's the water sensor & not the 1 that shows a fault in the dpf system, look similar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts