Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Xceed PHEV First Edition
3 Posts
I've followed this thread with some interest tempered with trepidation since taking delivery of a CEED PHEV 5 weeks back. I knew about RFID pouches and bought a couple in advance. Yes, I can walk right up to my car and yes, it won't open if the key is in the pouch, even when held against the door handle.

I do so agree with the original poster that keyless entry seems to be a solution to a problem we never realised we had.

Am I right in thinking that even if you could do something to isolate the keyless entry aspect by maybe disconnecting the buttons in the door handles, the thieves would have cloned all the characteristics of the key fob so they could also operate the normal unlock button and fool the car into thinking the keys were present, so that they could then start it and drive it away?

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro 4
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Since you have to press a button on the handle why not just make it so you press a button the key fob, what's the difference, no need to be wireless

·
Registered
988 Posts
Since you have to press a button on the handle why not just make it so you press a button the key fob, what's the difference, no need to be wireless
Well it's not really the same. One is just pressing the button on the handle you need to use to open the door, the other requires digging around in your pocket to either extract the fob or find the button blind. It is a whole other process that can't be completed with an elbow, when circumstances dictate. I find it more useful when exiting and locking.

·
Super Moderator
10,602 Posts
I would answer that with, my key fob only see's the light of day when changing trousers. Other than that it is in my pocket.
Mrs always complains I wear my pockets out... So having to pull the key fob out is only going to make my grief even worse 😱

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
899 Posts
Personally I really like wireless keys but I don't understand why I then have to press the button the door handle to get in. Its not a huge issue but it just seems an unnecessary extra step

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
899 Posts
I received my 2 free Faraday pouches courtesy of Kia, the do work but only if the fob is in the pouch with the top folded over. As I have my house keys on the same key ring this isnt possible so it only partially works :rolleyes:

Good idea badly executed 🤣

A better idea would be to add a sleep function but kia don't seem to be in a hurry to do this

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.