Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
I remember when the warnings were about people hiding in car parks with intercept devices. Criminals find ways to beat any security given enough motivation. If I owned an M3 I'd take extra precautions but for my ceed I'll make do with not keeping the keys by the front door. That said, I do think there should be a way to deactivate the keyless, either through motion/software/switch.

I believe the stats show 2-in-1 break ins are still by far the most popular way to steal a car. Relay thefts are still reasonably niche and if you want a positive spin, they do stop those quite aggressive bad guys from entering your property.

Registered
Since you have to press a button on the handle why not just make it so you press a button the key fob, what's the difference, no need to be wireless
Well it's not really the same. One is just pressing the button on the handle you need to use to open the door, the other requires digging around in your pocket to either extract the fob or find the button blind. It is a whole other process that can't be completed with an elbow, when circumstances dictate. I find it more useful when exiting and locking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.