Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have started to get issues last night when accessing this site and they have continued this morning. My browser of choice is Firefox (Ver 73) and when I try and access the site I get an error as shown in the attached image. I also get a error on the Edge browser, which simply states "consent-pref.trustarc.com uses an unsupported protocol. " However this message eventually disappears allowing me access. I have Googled the error and it seems to suggest this is a server error. Can you advise?

·
Super Moderator
3,135 Posts
I'm a Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) - or was until I retired many years ago and my standard advice is still to just re-boot everything when problems occur!
(Most recently just 5 minutes ago with my wife's mobile!)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm a Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) - or was until I retired many years ago and my standard advice is still to just re-boot everything when problems occur!
(Most recently just 5 minutes ago with my wife's mobile!)
When you find the location of the wife re-boot button can you let us know!

·
Super Moderator
3,135 Posts
How you re-boot (not simply switch off) depends on the mobile!

With the Sony Xperia Z5 (and earlier Z's I've had) you hold down the Volume Up key and at the same time hold down the power button. You continue to do this until the mobile vibrates 3 times and then turns off.

I turn off my Z5 dual SIM every night this way.
My wife leaves her Z5 on constantly so it's not surprising that it occasionally locks up!

By the way with most PCs and laptops (certainly all the ACER's we have) holding down the power button will force the machine to switch off whatever state it's in. But you will of course lose any unsaved data!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts