Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering does anyone struggle with the seats/driving position in the Sportage?

It doesn't help that I have some random/rare neuromuscular condition but I find I don't have enough support on the back and the tilt on the actual seat is too much so you sink down into a slouching position, also the seats are too short so if I try and use a cushion for the back this pushes me forward in the seat then there isn't enough support under my legs.

I only need to sit in the car for 5mins and my back is is bits and then I start getting pain down my legs.

Despite my rare condition I have never had any problems driving previously and just a couple of months ago in my cmax I drove 500miles in a day with no issues.

It would be helpful if you could tilt the seat as well as adjusting the height.

My wife is only 5 foot and has no issues at all so maybe it's just me but at this rate we might have to trade it in after only having it a month.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
Can't really work out why you bought a car with seats you find uncomfortable.
Did you not sit in it / test drive it, before handing over the money?

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Think mine has seat tilt and adjustable lumbar support built in?
the higher spec cars have this but don’t know if those lower in the range do.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm struggling to understand the problem here. The driver's seat is height adjustable across the range, some manual, some electric, but they're all adjustable. All front seats recline,and all driver's seats have adjustable lumbar support.

With the amount of adjustment already available I can't imagine what advantages a 'tiltable' seat would provide, or indeed what percentage of owners would require it.

I'm on the larger side and have a disc problem, but I have never found the seats to be uncomfortable. It took a couple of efforts to find the perfect position, but I find the seats on my previous Sportage and my current Xceed to be amongst the most comfortable available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did take it out for test drive but the issue didn't start until about 1-2 weeks in after repeated use.

My issue is that the tilt on the seat is too much and pulls you back into the seat meaning your hips are lower than your knees (when really they should be level) and I end up in a slouched position. Adjusting the height doesn't solve it I need the back half of the seat to be raised up a bit more.

I did a 2 hour driver the other day and when I got out I could hardly stand up my hips had seized up so much.

I find the passenger seat even worse as there is no height adjustment on it.

It must just be me though like I said the wife has no issues.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I find that there is ample movement in all directions for me, but I'm obvviously not encumbered by your particular problrms. Off the top of my head I can't think of any car that I've had which offered a Tilt function on the driver's seat. It may be that it is possible to buy a bespoke seat which offers that function, but then there may be wiring incompatibilities.

Possibly a Mobility Centre could come up with a wedge shaped booster cushion or something. Apart from that I'm out of ideas, it isn't a problem I've heard of before.

Final option would be to repeatedly experiment with different combinations of Height, Slide and Recline in an attempt to find a 'least bad' solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have just about after 4 years got the driver seat in a position and posture I like, but the front passenger seat is terrible. No height adjustment on the "1" and very little lumbar or tilt adjustment. My wife complains about it and having sat in it myself when cleaning the dash I can see why. I believe it's a common complaint and unfortunately there are no safety friendly mods I am aware of to change it, other than trading in for a Rio or C'eed!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did take it out for test drive but the issue didn't start until about 1-2 weeks in after repeated use.

My issue is that the tilt on the seat is too much and pulls you back into the seat meaning your hips are lower than your knees (when really they should be level) and I end up in a slouched position. Adjusting the height doesn't solve it I need the back half of the seat to be raised up a bit more.

I did a 2 hour driver the other day and when I got out I could hardly stand up my hips had seized up so much.

I find the passenger seat even worse as there is no height adjustment on it.

It must just be me though like I said the wife has no issues.
I know what you mean. I had a similar issue. Someone recommended this to me: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SQ1GYH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Worked wonders for me. I use it in all cars i drive and has made a massive difference to me. For price well worth the try.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
The electric seats in my 2017 GTLine-S are certainly tiltable - the horizontal adjustment button moves it back and forwards but you can also use the same button to raise or lower the front of the seat squab relative to the back, thus tilting the lower part of the seat.

They probably aren't the most comfy seats I have ever driven with (that honour belongs to my old Lexus) but I can drive the width of England easily enough and they don't lack for adjustability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.