Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have a problem after a longish drive with the driving seat being hard. Did around 200 miles and when I got back my bum was numb

·
Registered
161 Posts
not hard.lck of support for the area round the small of the back.i went out and bought a blow up adjustable lumber support from halfords.mucked about untill got right setting.feels great now,no problems.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yep got exactly the same thing when i had mine i got a "backfriend" , actually bought it for my SPAM but found it invaluable if going long distances in the soul as found a lack of lumbar support made my arse numb!it got painful after an hour or longer ,reckon any lumbar support cushion will sort this out .

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to get a lumber support ,it's only just started after 19k miles but I do have arthiritis and it has got worse over the last month.

·
Registered
111 Posts
im in a job where we have to drive all day luckily for me the seats we have are pretty good they have two inflatable back sections one for your lumbar area and another for the thoracic area (thats the bit above the lower back)!but they are adjustable and thats the secret really if you want to avoid low back pain in a car you need to be able to alter your seat and back muscles will protest quite readily if you sit in one position for too long!so if you want a real good back support one with an inflatable support really will be worth it especially if you already have a tricky back!i know they arent cheap but you will only buy one so make the money work for you its cheaper than a new seat ! rocaro even use the pump type back lumber supprt intheir seats now! the backfreind i bought last year was about 50 quid ! a lot yes but it made my SPAM seat useable and stopped the soul giving me a numb bum!

·
Registered
161 Posts
the lumber support worked wonders for me.my back started playing within few days of ownership..so went out and got one

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yep, numb bum on a long drive...... the Fiat had the lumbar adjustment and never had a prob. Soul hasnt suprisingly.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you gentlemen for the info I will look into the inflatable lumber support.
I have only had real problems recently when my complaint has got worse.

·
Registered
161 Posts
had a blow out on the m1...not been the same since...lol
do you want it back davey,could use it as a bin liner,the heads still okay though,improvises as a spare impact bag,with added benifits

1 - 16 of 16 Posts