Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I've just bought a 2008 Carens from my local dealer, had the security cover fitted which the dealer did badly and it needed some other work which is still ongoing, not a good start!
My main problem is the front seats, for me, they're terrible. Mine haveabsolutelyno support near the top and on a medium to long drive my shoulders are killing me.
I've tried the padded seat cushion from halfords but it doesn't go up enough so I've resorted to sticking a small cushion behind me.
Has anyone else had these problems? and has anyone got any ideas how to sort it?
Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've overcome that problem by adjusting the angle of the backrest, but I still have a problem with the seat cushion which just collapses at the back when you sit on iit, and adjusting the height/angle is no improvement. Anyone come across that problem and solved it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried the different angle with no joy, even tried taking the headreast off but there just no padding at the top. The cushion is working at the moment and I've found an upholsterers near me who says he can make a cushion that clips to the headrest to sort it, I'll post pics in a few weeks when I get it done.
The ongoing problems with the car have now had it back to the dealer for the 4th time and is booked in again for a 5th visit as they don't seem able to get it right. I now have more problems with the car and they haven't sorted the first one out yet!!
To say I'm not impressed is an understatement!!
Beginning to wish I'd bought something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts