Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I
I definitely think warmer outside temperature reduces some of these issues. Still no creaks for me since I sprayed WD40 in and around the drivers seat belt buckle.
In every car I've ever had, the miscellaneous ticks, creaks and squeaks have either got worse or eased off in warmer weather. Some seem to be downright un-findable. Our Picanto is almost rattle/creak free so far. Almost...

·
Registered
266 Posts
My drivers seat also creaks, which is booked in next week with my 12 mth service. From experience in other cars it is normally cracking of the base that the lower cushion fits to. I will persist and inspect myself if it continues.
I found mine today, it is the Seat Belt stalk. Can get it to do it every time, just need to fix it now!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I found mine today, it is the Seat Belt stalk. Can get it to do it every time, just need to fix it now!
Do you mean the mechanism inside or is it rubbing on the seat? I sprayed WD-40 as suggested in an earlier post and it's virtually cured it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Will have a proper look on the weekend but its not the inside but more to do with the mounting of the stalk assembly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
FYI when I cured mine I sprayed wd40 both inside the mechanism and around the area where the stalk is attached to the floor. Not sure which area was causing the problem but it must be over 2 months ago and still no creaking 😊

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s very strange, I never had anything like it on any other car. My dealer checked the nut fastening the stalk was tight so not sure why it would creak or why WD40 would stop it doing so but glad it does 👍

21 - 27 of 27 Posts