Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can honestly say that this little car is by far the most irritating vehicle I have ever bought. I love how it looks and it performs admirably, but its downside is the build quality. The back end rattles, the spoiler vibrates, and now both front seats creak every time the car moves to one side. Kia had it for nearly one month to sort out the faults and the only improvement is with the rear door cards as they're now not too bad. Needless to say it's put me off buying another one. I know it's an entry level model, but it shouldn't be so poorly put together.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Mac I thought my drivers seat was creaking but turned out to be the seat belt where the buckle goes in (red button to release). Dealer couldn’t fix so I tried spraying inside it with WD40 and problem was solved. 4 weeks have past with no creaking so may be worth a try?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems Mac. It does seem as if maybe Kia’s eye was taken off the ball for a time in 2019 given a number of people have reported similar issues around this model. Maybe it’s just a case of a few ‘rogue’ ones getting through. My 1.0 T-GDi GT Line (but not the S variant) which I took delivery of at the start of Feb this year is still early days but has no vibrations, creaks or rattles.

Hope you get everything sorted

·
Registered
266 Posts
My drivers seat also creaks, which is booked in next week with my 12 mth service. From experience in other cars it is normally cracking of the base that the lower cushion fits to. I will persist and inspect myself if it continues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck for next week. I do feel as though I'm being picky when I mention these faults to the dealer, but at circa 15K, they're not exactly uber cheap!
My drivers seat also creaks, which is booked in next week with my 12 mth service. From experience in other cars it is normally cracking of the base that the lower cushion fits to. I will persist and inspect myself if it continues.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It does not do it all the time but I am only 85Kg so apart from the hard corners on my daily drive, I am not stressing it that much :giggle:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow Mac, you seem to have got a Friday Afternoon car! I've had creaking seats in several cars and a really irritating passenger's seat rattle in a Toyota Corolla T-Sport. When wife sat in the seat it stopped rattling, but when empty it drove me nuts. They ended up replacing the seat. So far no rattles or creaks from any of the seats in the Picanto. It still has the wasp trapped in the B-pillar though.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
My previous, 17 year old, Rover 25 had so many creaks, groans, rattles, bangs and crashes it sounded like Steptoe and Son’s cart coming down the road 👀

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Mac, you seem to have got a Friday Afternoon car! I've had creaking seats in several cars and a really irritating passenger's seat rattle in a Toyota Corolla T-Sport. When wife sat in the seat it stopped rattling, but when empty it drove me nuts. They ended up replacing the seat. So far no rattles or creaks from any of the seats in the Picanto. It still has the wasp trapped in the B-pillar though.....
I'm beginning to think the same. Hope you kill that damn wasp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I find that where the driver's belt comes from the floor at the B Pillar, the belt system rubs on the seat and makes a squeaking sound. I'm afraid it's going to rub through the seat soon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is definitely
I find that where the driver's belt comes from the floor at the B Pillar, the belt system rubs on the seat and makes a squeaking sound. I'm afraid it's going to rub through the seat soon
My problem is definitely the seat base creaking. It's driving me absolutely nuts!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Surprise surprise, stop making a noise earlier this week so they could not find a thing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I definitely think warmer outside temperature reduces some of these issues. Still no creaks for me since I sprayed WD40 in and around the drivers seat belt buckle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I definitely think warmer outside temperature reduces some of these issues. Still no creaks for me since I sprayed WD40 in and around the drivers seat belt buckle.
Did you spray it into the receiver where the chrome connector is inserted? I'm pretty sure my creaking is not from the receiver.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes and a little around where it is anchored to the floor. I honestly thought mine was the seat creaking but noticed it was worse when I had a thick coat on which led me to suspect the seat belt. At one point when it made the noise I held the belt and it appeared to go away and then did after I sprayed it. Definitely worth a try.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts