Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My seatbelt warning lights behave in exactly the same way. I've no idea why but I assume it's normal for this car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
From the manual :

- For rear centre(4) seat
As a reminder to the rear passenger, the rear passenger’s seat belt warning lights will illuminate for approximately 6 seconds each time you turn the ignition switch ON regardless of belt fastening. If the seat belt is not fastened when the ignition switch is turned ON, the seat belt warning light will illuminate for approximately 70 seconds.
Well, that answers that, thank you

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It sort of does but doesn't really explain why it does this. The only thing I can think of is that unlike all the other seats the rear middle one doesn't have a weight sensor to detect if anyone is sitting there. That's just a guess from me....
I’ve found that Kias do many little things that there is no obvious reason for, and don’t get a mention in the manual. My previous Sportage used to light up the seat belt lights whilst normal driving and had 3 or 4 small white dots on the dashboard display that lit up randomly and then went off again for no obvious reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.