Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my XCeed 4 for about a week now and have noticed an oddity with the seatbelt warning lights. The rear middle seat light stays on for a long time after the others go out. If I fasten the belt it immediately goes out. When I unfastened it the light comes on, even with seat unoccupied.
Had anyone else seen this, and is it normal?

I also seem to have out of date maps and odd speed camera warning. Also the occasional beep from the system that I can't figure out!

Otherwise I'm quite impressed. I did my longest journey today of just over 50 miles. It told me I averaged 58.6mpg. Twice that of the Sorento kx4 I had. Admittedly I was being gentle, but I think that's quite impressive.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My seatbelt warning lights behave in exactly the same way. I've no idea why but I assume it's normal for this car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
477 Posts
Same. I keep middle one plugged in.
The beep could be it telling you to keep both hands on the wheel. Normally a message on the cluster but doesn't stay long.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,483 Posts
The beep could be it telling you to keep both hands on the wheel. Normally a message on the cluster but doesn't stay long.
That level of nanny state intervention would drive me to distraction - keep at lest one hand on the wheel maybe but having to have two hands on the wheel constantly is taking intervention too far IMHO.

Reactions: macgd016

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
477 Posts
Could also be the speed camera alert dinging. My wife says this car is constant beeps

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,958 Posts
That level of nanny state intervention would drive me to distraction - keep at lest one hand on the wheel maybe but having to have two hands on the wheel constantly is taking intervention too far IMHO.
On my Niro the "hands on wheel" symbol only appears if I haven't moved the wheel for 15 seconds. It will do it irrespective of how many hands I use to hold the wheel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
From the manual :

- For rear centre(4) seat
As a reminder to the rear passenger, the rear passenger’s seat belt warning lights will illuminate for approximately 6 seconds each time you turn the ignition switch ON regardless of belt fastening. If the seat belt is not fastened when the ignition switch is turned ON, the seat belt warning light will illuminate for approximately 70 seconds.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
From the manual :

- For rear centre(4) seat
As a reminder to the rear passenger, the rear passenger’s seat belt warning lights will illuminate for approximately 6 seconds each time you turn the ignition switch ON regardless of belt fastening. If the seat belt is not fastened when the ignition switch is turned ON, the seat belt warning light will illuminate for approximately 70 seconds.
Well, that answers that, thank you

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It sort of does but doesn't really explain why it does this. The only thing I can think of is that unlike all the other seats the rear middle one doesn't have a weight sensor to detect if anyone is sitting there. That's just a guess from me....
I’ve found that Kias do many little things that there is no obvious reason for, and don’t get a mention in the manual. My previous Sportage used to light up the seat belt lights whilst normal driving and had 3 or 4 small white dots on the dashboard display that lit up randomly and then went off again for no obvious reason.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
On my Niro the "hands on wheel" symbol only appears if I haven't moved the wheel for 15 seconds. It will do it irrespective of how many hands I use to hold the wheel.
That could be where you are holding the wheel. It seems you need to hold away from the spokes. If you just hook your hand around a spoke, it does not sense you are holding the wheel.

Mine used to beep all the time when I 1st got it. Think most were due to LKA. Now after 6 months I seem to have been trained to drive within the lines as I very rarely get any beeps now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.