Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ceed sportwagon, 2017 optima sportwagon
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon

Anyone had a successful claim for a seat splitting..

Mine is on the edge ...don't think this is actually leather?

2017 optima 60k

I guess it's from getting in and out..but this shouldn't happen?

Sleeve Textile Grey Sportswear Material property

Attachments

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
don't think this is actually leather? I guess it's from getting in and out..but this shouldn't happen?
From memory, (and not a very reliable memory!) the only model with real leather seat coverings is the GT-Line S and that is only on the touch areas. Seatbacks are synthetic but I'm blowed if I can discern any difference.

Whether or not any successful claims under warranty have been achieved, I have no idea but perhaps someone among the readership has the answer. I'm bound to say that I'd be surprised if a claim were upheld as there has to be an expectation that there will be some wear and tear in all cars after 4 years.

It's got to be worth running it past your KIA dealership though. Who knows? it might be a recognised fault that lots of owners have identified.

·
Registered
2017 Optima PHEV
12 Posts
Tried it with our dealer...no joy. However, there are other issues too, so I emailed KIA today:

Good morning and my apologies for needing to contact you in this manner, however I have little confidence in the dealer.

We are very happy over all with the car, however the after-sales service could be improved.

I have attempted to use the online form, but the registration and VIN are not recognised and the model drop-down does not work.

MY 17REG

KNAGV41DMHxxxxxxx

The issues below are those that the dealer has advised as not being not valid warranty claims:

1: Delaminating badges on front wings and bootlid (advised that we must have used the wrong car wash chemical)
2: Splitting vinyl side on driver's seat base (advised that it is not covered)
3: Key-fobs with intermittent battery contact & functionality (advised that it is satellite interference causing the issue)
4: road wheel corrosion

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully you will be able to help.

Regards,

·
Registered
2017 Optima PHEV
12 Posts
And received a reply very quickly....impressive so far (but not with the idiotic dealer attitude):

Thank you for emailing Paul Philpott, our president & CEO. Paul has asked me to respond on his behalf.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have described.

I’d be grateful if you could tell me which Kia dealer it is who reviewed your claims and I’ll be happy to investigate further.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards

Tony Ryan
Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia UK Limited

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And received a reply very quickly....impressive so far (but not with the idiotic dealer attitude):

Thank you for emailing Paul Philpott, our president & CEO. Paul has asked me to respond on his behalf.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have described.

I’d be grateful if you could tell me which Kia dealer it is who reviewed your claims and I’ll be happy to investigate further.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards

Tony Ryan
Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia UK Limited

Thank you for the reply.

Are you awaiting an answer regarding the repair of your seat?

I haven't approached my dealer yet ,but will try soon

·
Registered
2017 Optima PHEV
12 Posts
All 3 things, will keep you posted. Dealer simply has no interest...the chap has asked for the dealer info though (many interesting reviews of Stoneacre on here!). I also doubt they updated the cruise control SW as it still surges and could be dangerous if you weren't paying attention...there is an update available.

We also had slipping clutch symptoms and they had no interest in changing the fluid as "it is sealed for life" and "only needs changing at 100k miles" (not really sure of that logic). 56k miles when changed and it has very much improved the gearbox, surprise surprise! I doubt that they dropped the sump or changed the filter though (if it has one, as I haven't looked).

The car really is very good and spoiled by the ass-hat dealer attitude. It isn't an S Class and one or two things could be better, but it is a Kia and is a lovely drive with good comfort, excellent economy, plenty of room and sound system that humbles some "premium" makes.

What could be better? The upholstery is a bit lacking in padding and the vinyl is rather thin. Underbody protection is lacking in places and some very superficial rust developing because of this; Dinotrol/FluidFilm spray has covered it up and it isn't the end of the world. The only other thing is that the cruise control needs the SW update to be applied, which should be done next week...seems the dealer didn't do so last time; most unlike them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Kia Optima 3 1.7CRDi (18 Plate)
3 Posts
Any updates from Kia?

Got the same issue with my drivers seat, its worse than yours and happening on both the inside and outside of the seat.

I also had the same reaction for a dealer regarding it as they said I must have had something sharp in my pocket which I agreed with but doesn't explain how its happening on the outside of the seat to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any updates from Kia?

Got the same issue with my drivers seat, its worse than yours and happening on both the inside and outside of the seat.

I also had the same reaction for a dealer regarding it as they said I must have had something sharp in my pocket which I agreed with but doesn't explain how its happening on the outside of the seat to.
Not been to dealers..I'll mention it when I get service done , I'll probably just get an upholsterer to sort it..if no joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts