Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted 'airbag compatible' seat covers on their Ceed, and did they fit OK, where you got them etc?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't the airbags come from the side pillars rather than the seats, therefore any seat covers are 'compatible'?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would make fitting covers easier if they were but they are fitted into the seats themslves

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 2010 ce'ed (don't know about the earlier model) has side airbags fitted as standard into the driver and the front passenger seat (side impact airbag). It is located on the side of the back rest facing the doors. Because of that, the owner's manual states (page 3-49):

""¢ Do not use any accessory seatcovers.
""¢ Use of seat covers could reduce or prevent the effectiveness ofthe system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am aware of where they are and what the manual states-however there are covers that are SBS compatile.

I believe the manual states NO covers to err on the side of caution-some people will think any seat covers will do and not be aware of the implications.

--

I do appreciate your concern though-thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
darwin said:
I am aware of where they are and what the manual states-however there are covers that are SBS compatile.

I believe the manual states NO covers to err on the side of caution-some people will think any seat covers will do and not be aware of the implications.

--

I do appreciate your concern though-thanks

My bad for not using the quote feature of the forum properly :( You are obviously aware of the airbags when you ask for airbag-safe seat covers.

My response was tod3matt regarding the location of the side impact airbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts