Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife was looking to buy me someseat covers for my Birthday, but she saw somewhere on the net that due to the air bags it is hard to find covers that fit ? is that right.
Can someone recommend any.

cheers

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have read that seat covers can affect the deployment of side air bags in an emergency. Buy very carefully, Kia themselves may be able to help.

Paul

·
Registered
662 Posts
seat covers are not recomended by manafactures because of the seat air bags should an air bag go off there have been instances of aftermarket covers catching light by the friction / explosion charge presumably they were the pink fluffy ones we have had to change our machanic's seat covers we used to use a nylon cover that went over the whole seat upper like a bag and then you sat on a flap we now use a cover that goes over the head rest only and then you sit on the flap so the sides of the seat are exposed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok will have to think of another birthday pressy then, and stop eating my breakfast on the way to work :)

cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I found some seat cushions that are airbag friendly & just have the straps to hold into place.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The active headrests cannot be removed making fitment a pain.
Hence I only have rear ones fitted to protect the interior from the nipper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts