Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if I have a problem or not, I've only had my Soul 2 for a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure that when I turned the ignition on, the little seatbelt warning light would blink for a few seconds and I'd get a warning chime that went on for a few seconds or until I put the seatbelt on, it dosn't do this anymore, the warning light stays static until I start the engine and I get no warning chime, if I undo the seatbelt when moving the chime goes off ok, just not when I get in the car now, I checked the handbook and it says the light blinks for 6 seconds and the warning chime should sound, as I'm not sure can anyone throw any light on what should happen befor I take it back to the dealer,,Regards Mowjo,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tempest, I'm not sure if it was the Ice alarm sounding because it was cold, or the seatbelt warning sounding, I just seem to remember when I got the car a couple of weeks ago an Alarm warning went off to say I didn't have my seatbelt onRegards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tempest! I have no idea if it's fitted to all models but mine is the Soul 2, 2012 model,when you turn the ignition on, if the temperturedrops to 4deg of less I get a warning that bings about four times, and a little triangular warning light with a snowflake in, on the main instrument cluster, mine first went off while driving and I had no idea what it was, then it did it everytime I started the engine, now here's the good bit! as my dealer is just around the corner I dropped in to ask what this alarm thing was, two Salesmen and one Mechanic later no-one seemed to know, I just got told if it carries on book it in and we'll look at it, it was only by accident that when I next started the car the I saw the warning light blinking so I looked it up in the handbook to find it was ice/temp warning, I was a bit disapointed aKia dealer didn't know their own car, but I took great pleasure in going back to tell them what it was, Thats why I'm asking here about the seatbelt warning, at least I will be able to go in both guns loaded,,Regards Mowjo,,,,

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Started mine up this morning, belt symbol on - no bings. Drove away without belt on (very strange sensation!), light starts flashing and binging..... buckled up and it went out and noise stopped. So i think yours is normal now.... quite what happened when you first got it - i have no idea. (bear in mind that my car is an early model - so things may have improved on yours).

Will have to see over the ice sensor, my other car (a seat/vw) did exactly what you said, but i cant remember the Soul doing it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tempest! I took it into the dealer this morning and even the engineer wasn't sure, he read the bit in the handbook about the warning light and chime and even he ended up confused, but did say it dosn't seem to be doing what it says in the handbook, anyway they are taking a look at it on Friday, the simplest solution to me was just put the keys in one of the two Souls they have sitting in the show room and see what they do, but hey I'm no engineer,
Regards Mowjo,,,
Tempest! while I have your attention do you have any Idea of the MPG you should get around town, mine shows 35.5 mines the 1.6 CRDI manual it's still not run in yet but that seems a bit low,,

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My Tempest bings until you put the seatbelt on or at least for around 40 secs until it goes off, this is after engine is running.It goesbing if you take it off or if the passenger has not got their seat belt on. By the way Mowjo with the diesel if you are just knocking about around town then 35-40mpg, depending how cold it is,will be about right.They are not as good as Kia would have you believe,if you can average 46-52mpg when the weather gets warmer then you are doing very well .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dave! that what I thought! lets see what they say Friday, nor really complaining about the MPG just interested to know what us mere Mortals can expect as I don't have a lab with ideal conditions, it still 20MPG more than I was getting from my old Volvo,,
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the mileage does improve with age.....39-40mpg was about the best anybody managed straight out the box...... then it improves up to about 48-52mpg.... with the odd few lorry draughters getting a touch higher. The 64mpg quoted is pure fallacy. At the end of the day the Soul is fat and blunt, its only really economical when its sat on the drive switched off..... and then its still great to look at.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My fault I have not explained it well ,it starts binging at 10mph if you have not got it on when you first set off.

·
Registered
309 Posts
while driving reset the MPG , its resets to 99MPG & then as you move drops down .
For a while your doing amazing mpg . just look at the dash & enjoy the moment

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i had a Focus TDCI with an electronic mpg readout for a while as a hire car, if i pushed it hard it dropped to 11mpg!!!!... and yet it averaged 55mpg over the 2 weeks i had it. The Soul does it the other way round!..... it promises the earth and dosent deliver lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Folks! from I've read here it seems like mines working Ok! but I'll let them take a look anyway as even the Guy that looked at it andchecked it against the hand book and said it didn't seem to be doing what it states in there, he did say the handbook is confusing because there is a lot of "where fitted" mentioned, and Kia make changes without telling anyone, he told me they had two Soul 2in, both ordered on the same date, come in on thesame day, but both with slightly different specs, So my guess is one was straight off the productin line while the other was in their storage compound for a little while, it all seems a bit lucky dip when it comes to Kias, I know when I ordered mine it was the 5 speed version, but when it acually turned up it was the updated 6 speed, so far everyone has told me the updated 6 is much better, so I won't be complaining, anyway I'll update on what happens Friday,,,
Regards Mowjo,,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update!!! so far the don't know the problem, it's not showing any fault codes, but they agree it's not doing what it states in the handbook, they have E/mailed Kia Tech to see if they know, so I'm just waiting for a reply from them,,Regards Mowjo,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.