Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One for the Kia boffins.

Next time you upgrade the design. Put insome sort of reset / cancel button for the seatbelt warning system.

It's the most annoying thing in the whole car! If my camera is sitting on the passenger seat, the thing is "binging" away. If I put a small bag of groceries on the passenger seat, it "BINGS"!

When I park the car at work, I have to jump out to open the garage gate. I then drive it 10 yards...the damn thing bings away! I have to put the seatbelt back on for a ten yard journey at 5mph!

Please Kia! Fit a cancel button!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you leave all of your rear seat and front passenger seat belts fully buckled when not in use you will never be troubled by warning lights or Bing's unless they are foryou.

I can drive mine far more than 10 yards before it starts to Bing when my belt is off so perhaps there is a problem.

I think you will find that Euro legislation requires an audible warning to be given when a seat belt is nor being worn so Kia have to conform.
Edited by: Eric

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think Eric is correct in there being a problem. My Carens is at least 30 seconds before the seat belt warning sounds. I often start the car before putting my belt on and have plenty of time to get the sat nav out of the console and clipped into place before the BOING starts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Similar thread on:- http://...kia-forums.../kia-ceed-forum/54750-annoying-seat-belt-warning-air-bag.html page 4 has pictures. You will need to register on the group, the same as this one. I would never dream of recommending copying the instructions on the pictures
BUT the peace is amazing when I drive down our rear access drive to get out at the gate, to unlock, it before returning to the car, putting my seat belt on and driving out on to the public highway. I can also unlock the gate to our drive get out of the car, lock the gate and drive up to unlock my garage door without the damned thing sitting there bonging away at me like some demented Quasimodo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Ceed doesn't have a timer for the seatbelt. It's based on the distance drivenif the seat sensor detects a weight on the seat pan. When the thing starts binging, it stops if I lift the item off the passenger seat. It's just that it seems a little sensitive. A Canon camera made of Titanium may be a fairly hefty piece of kit but it's not as heavy as all that. I'd like a reset button or for the alert to cancel after 10 seconds like the Saab system.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just do the seatbelt up thats fairly easy. The Saab is a more expensive car you get what you pay for. With a Kia you get quite a lot for what you pay so why keep finding fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts