Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a 2016 ceed gt line without a sd card (I know I should of checked ?‍♂?). I managed to find the part number and found one on Ebay as kia themselves wanted £330. Anyway I put the new sd card in but this is all it says. Any advice or instructions would be very grateful. I have contacted the previous owners but they haven't responded and I can't return the car now. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Toddy1234,

I presume that there are no maps data on the SD card or the data is not corresponding with software of the head unit, hence this error is shown. You need to get (download) the map data and copy onto the memory card (detailed instructions are within different threads on this forum).
Once you have done this and insert the card into the reader the satnav should kick in.
You might need to update the head unit software first and then obtain the correct map data which are tied to the actual software.

Firstly, you need to establish which head unit version it is - GEN4 or GEN5 ? And then take it from there really.

If you take this card out do the radio play normally on the right side of screen with the large digital clock in the left half of the screen? If yes, please get into the all menus / settings, scroll all the way to the end and tap on System Info.

Once you get in that submenu you should get a screen with software and firmware numbers, etc.
Take a photo of this screen and please post it within a reply here - MAKE SURE YOU BLUR/HIDE DEVICE ID as this number is unique to your head unit.
If I see this info I could guide you to the right direction or someone else can assist you further.

M.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Toddy1234,

I presume that there are no maps data on the SD card or the data is not corresponding with software of the head unit, hence this error is shown. You need to get (download) the map data and copy onto the memory card (detailed instructions are within different threads on this forum).
Once you have done this and insert the card into the reader the satnav should kick in.
You might need to update the head unit software first and then obtain the correct map data which are tied to the actual software.

Firstly, you need to establish which head unit version it is - GEN4 or GEN5 ? And then take it from there really.

If you take this card out do the radio play normally on the right side of screen with the large digital clock in the left half of the screen? If yes, please get into the all menus / settings, scroll all the way to the end and tap on System Info.

Once you get in that submenu you should get a screen with software and firmware numbers, etc.
Take a photo of this screen and please post it within a reply here - MAKE SURE YOU BLUR/HIDE DEVICE ID as this number is unique to your head unit.
If I see this info I could guide you to the right direction or someone else can assist you further.

M.
Thank you I'll read the threads and try all that in the next few days. Thank you for the help I'll get back to you with that information if it doesn't work cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts