Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the best product for removing light surface scratches on Titanium paint?, I have tried a couple without to much success. Warning dont let the kids wash your car with an abrasive sponge,should have washed it meself eh.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You could try using a good polish as most are mildly abrasive and work by removing a very small ammount of the top surface so it may work if the scratches are not too deep, its worked for me in the past. I use autoglym resin polish and if they are deeper try autoglym paint renovator.
hope it works for you

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
tend to use the colour restorer polish... general Halfords stuff. It is slightly abrasive and if you get the grey one it will fill the very fine scuffs. Sorry to here about that. The clear coat is very soft on the Kia.

Was the abrasive sponge one of those bug removing sponges by any chance?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried the Halfords silver polish which is ok for a quick shine but dosent seem to last ,might try the grey and the offending sponge was a washing up jobby. The autoglym could be the next try though,used this on me bike with good results.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
ohhh!!!...a washing up sponge!!!!....how old would your kids have been next birthday????.

I agree the halfords stuff dosent last - but if it removes the scratches so what.

Back in the early 70s a neighbours wife washed their new red mini with ajax ...... she had reduced the roof panel to primer before she was stopped....... ever seen a grown man cry?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i had some very bad stains on my hyundai roof and used some good old fashioned brasso. It came up beautiful, but that paint is bullet proof......... not sure i would risk it with the kia.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure what G3 is. In the days of old, you could kick up a boulder and the paint/ primer was about 1/2" thick - if you look at the Soul hard enough you will see the bare metal underneath, the paint is about 2mm thick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Foxy said:
Not sure what G3 is. In the days of old, you could kick up a boulder and the paint/ primer was about 1/2" thick - if you look at the Soul hard enough you will see the bare metal underneath, the paint is about 2mm thick

G3 is just a light abrasive, i use the paste version. I suppose you could think of it as an abrasive tcut.

http://...mailspeedmarine.../boat-cleaner-polish/farecla/g3-finishing-paste1150539.bhtml

This site is quite expensive, i paid £10 for the paste at my local auto store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts